Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Shared Services are the front line professionals including Finance, Technology, Legal, Compliance and Human Resources, that operationally support our business units. Exceptional Shared Services teams are vital to the international success of our business.
The Role / Responsibilities:
The Compliance Vice President will work in an evolving regulatory environment and will assist the Compliance Department in developing, implementing and administering the company's compliance programme in the Middle East and Africa.
The individual will be the Local Compliance Officer for in the Middle East and Africa (“MEA”), registered with relevant regulatory authorities in the region. The role will be primarily responsible for liaising directly with supervisory authorities in the MEA region, including responding to regulatory requests, preparing internally for regulatory exams, leading document requests and advising business and management on regulatory responses. The position will be an integral part of the EMEA and global Compliance structure and will support the firm’s securities training programme, developing and reviewing policies and procedures, creating and providing training to staff, conducting internal examinations and working with staff to provide compliance support to jurisdictions throughout the MEA region. The position will also;
• Undertake various Compliance projects and initiatives;
• Prepare periodic compliance reports;
• Participate in other core Compliance responsibilities including;
o Supporting ongoing project implementation work through an evolving regulatory environment
o Conducting risk assessments
o Liaising with key business stakeholders
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Fluent written and verbal Arabic is a strong preference.
• Strong interest in compliance work.
• Strong academics with a BA / BSc / Master’s Degree (or equivalent).
• Experience within a financial industry regulator, law firm and/or compliance department of a regulated financial services firm.
We will also be looking for the individual to have the following skills;
• Highest ethical standards.
• Professional, pro-active, flexible, diligent and dependable.
• Computer competence in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to exercise judgment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Strong probative skills.
• Ability to adapt to changing business and regulatory environments.
• Ability to work effectively and supportively within a team.
• Ability to work independently in MEA and as part of an EMEA and global team.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Highly organized and efficient, with administrative skills and the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.