Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients’ growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.
In this role you will be a member of the Moody’s Analytics’ team creating and supporting some of the industry’s leading software solutions for the structured finance industry. The Structured Finance Portal offers data and analytics across all structured finance asset classes with advanced reporting and time-saving data normalization and aggregation. It provides structured finance professionals with cash flows, regulatory metrics, comparative analytics, and data aggregation in one integrated platform. You will be involved in all aspects of SDLC, working directly with key business stakeholders to build and support key SAV applications.
Typical Responsibilities include:
- Brainstorm, design and develop an enterprise software product.
- Design and implement re-usable software components.
- Ensure the product is highly configurable and extensible.
- Work collaboratively with a core team of architects and developers spread across different locations.
- Research and build POCs using available frameworks to ensure feasibility.
- Create technical design documents and present the details to a larger audience.
- Participate in architecture and design reviews for projects that require complex technical solutions.
- Develop reusable frameworks/components and POCs to accelerate development on projects.
- Perform gap analysis and provide business solutions.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, IT, Software Engineer
- 10+ years of development experience in NodeJS, Elastic Search and MongoDB
- Experience with Python is a plus.
- Event-driven and Microservices architectures; Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming
- Experience with AWS cloud services such as EC2, EMR, RDS, S3 is a plus
- Strong understanding of clean coding principles and design patterns.
- Strong debugging, analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently.
- Professional, precise communication skills
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.