Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients’ growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.
Job DescriptionThe Role / Responsibilities:
Responsible for managing all data acquisition, mapping and quality efforts related to structured products, including agency and non-agency RMBS, ABS, CMBS, and CDOs for Moody’s Analytics Content Solutions - Structured division.
This function is vital for the CS-Structured team to ensure maximum coverage of data, quick turn-around and improved quality assurance to achieve Moody’s Analytics’ overall product enhancement and revenue growth objectives.
- Maintain Work Flows and Method Statements for all data production related tasks
- Maintain production cycle
- Manage data quality and cleanup projects associated with structured products, including agency and non-agency RMBS, ABS, CMBS, and CDOs
- Be a part of project team to work on structure finance data management - to acquire, parse, validate and store data for downstream products and processes.
- Manage vendor workflow
- Resolve vendor query
- create specifications for new tasks
- establish vendor submission acceptance criteria
- approve vendor submission
- Coordinate with Data Ops and Dev Ops teams
- - create Jira tasks and follow up
- Establish and manage an internal structured assets data governance process
- Lead internal data acquisition and production processes to ensure quick turnaround and address data quality issues in a timely fashion
- Act as the key technical expert who understands the data quality issues and requirements for clean data, and MA’s business processes. With this knowledge and their data experience, they will guide the user community in their participation in designing a data quality strategy for Structured Finance Portal and the related applications
- Participate as a subject matter expert in firm wide initiatives related to Data Quality and Master Data Management (MDM) solutions
- Evaluate new tools and technologies in the data quality/management space.
- Train, oversee and manage other members of team
- Bachelor’s degree with 6-8 years relevant work experience a must. MBA or equivalent graduate degree preferred. Consulting experience with data projects highly desirable.
- 3 - 5 years of data management experience
- Experience with data quality, data cleanup, data enrichment, data strategy, customer data integration (CDI), enterprise information management (EIM), and/or master data management (MDM) projects preferred.
- Experience in project management, software development lifecycle would be preferred.
- Experience with structured query language (SQL) would be a plus.
- Strong quantitative and analytic skills (including intermediate knowledge of Excel and Access and relational database queries).
- Strong background in business process analysis, requirements, and design, as well as data modeling, prototyping and detailed functional design.
- Expert understanding of data analysis, including root-cause analysis, and other process modeling and systems design tools.
- Excellent team player and able to work with virtual and global cross functional teams.
- Excellent spoken and written communication as well as receptive listening skills, with ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.