Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients’ growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.
Job DescriptionThe Role / Responsibilities:
- Focus on data quality and cleanup projects associated with acquisition and warehousing of structured assets data, including agency and non-agency RMBS, CMBS, ABS and CDOs
- Projects include but are not limited to integrating data quality best practices into the business processes and system functionality and cleaning existing data.
- Create data quality framework and implement processes and procedures along the desired standards including creation of metrics to track the data quality. Analyze multiple post-production asset class data sets through well-defined quality processes
- Proactively identify, remediate and resolve data quality issues.
- Evaluate the quality of source data, QC rules and template mappings and create and/or modify as required.
- Produce monthly quality analysis reports and globally coordinate and communicate recommended data quality strategies and obtain buy-in from senior management and key internal stakeholders.
- Act as the key technical expert who understands the data quality issues and requirements for clean data, and MA’s business processes. With this knowledge and leveraging their data experience, they will guide the user community in their participation in designing a data quality strategy for structured assets.
- Work closely with Software Engineers and Business Team to execute the strategy utilizing technology where possible and building in functionality enhancements to prevent users from tainting clean data.
- Help train, oversee and manage other members of team
- Master’s Degree, 7 to 10 years’ experience in handling data quality projects
- 5+ years of data management experience
- Strategic thinking and strong orientation to detail
- Experience with data quality, data cleanup, data enrichment project is a must
- Knowledge of structured asset data (including agency and non-agency RMBS, CMBS, ABS and CDOs) will be a plus
- Experience with structured query language (SQL), Data Quality & Data Enrichment tool a must
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Experience in project management, software development lifecycle, a plus
- Strong quantitative and analytic skills (including intermediate knowledge of Excel and Access and relational database queries).
- Strong verbal and written skills, as well as high level of confidence interacting with business
- Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Excellent spoken and written communication as well as receptive listening skills, with ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent team player able to work with virtual and global cross functional teams
- Excellent, creative problem-solving skills
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.