Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor. At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
DepartmentODC / Middle Office
The Role / Responsibilities:
Within Moody’s Investors Service (MIS), the Rating Transaction Services (RTS) group owns and manages the MIS Remediation Program, operational control framework and global tactical operations teams as well as supports the end-to-end transactional rating process through workflow coordination and rating desk services. RTS is looking for a Financial Data Associate to join the Gurgaon MIS Support Center (MSC) team.
As a Financial Data Associate, you will work in a dedicated team supporting on an established workflow process of procuring the surveillance deals documents to Lead Monitoring Analysts. In this role, you will be required to understand an operational process, navigate various data environments to source the surveillance deals documents, perform document integrity checks, interpret policies and procedures, provide a high level of service and track and report on activity.
• Monitor Arranger’s Website Log to identify the surveillance deals requiring the download of SFG deal documents from Monitoring Host websites
• Understand and follow the rules, guidelines & procedures related to the identification of the storage location and determination of e-mail distribution list
• Develop a deep understanding about the procedure to be followed for conducting in-depth review of various monitoring host websites and relevant sections / tabs from which SFG deal documents to be downloaded
• Determine the storage location using process guidelines to store the downloaded documents into specific shared drives; Identify the relevant Lead Monitoring Analysts and notify him of the available deal documents
• Create audit trail by updating the Arranger’s website log such as credentials of person downloading the documents, Lead Monitoring analyst details and time stamp of last log visit
• Develop subject matter expertise to facilitate educated decision-making when faced with an exceptional scenario not covered by the process steps
• Build knowledge and understanding of the tactical tools and broader operating environment including the Rating Processes and related Policies, Procedures and Guidelines
• Identify and proactively research issues, exceptions and discrepancies with data, escalate as needed and follow up to resolve;
• Participate in regular management calls and coordinate with business partners, share process updates, receive feedbacks and identify & track issues, risks and dependencies
• Track and report on progress for weekly reporting
• Provide a high level of service to internal and external customers and business partners, and be a helpful and responsive resource to the immediate team and managers
• Support your manager with developing and updating operational documentation and supporting content (e.g. guidelines, FAQ’s, manuals) for future reference / training
This job description is issued as a guideline to assist you in your duties, it is not exhaustive and we would be pleased to discuss any constructive comments you may have. Because of the evolving nature and changing demands of our business this job description may be subject to change. You may, on occasion, be required to undertake additional or other duties within the context of this job description, and according to the needs of the business.
• Postgraduate or graduate with minimum 1 years’ of industry experience
• Strong MS office skills, intermediate to advanced Excel skills and Power Point preferred
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to complete transactional processes without error
• Able to confidently follow a process and rapidly develop subject matter expertise without the need for continual quality checks on work
• Resourceful and proactive, continually seeking ways to make improvements in the process/team/work environment
• Willing to take ownership and pride in the process and the team’s deliverables, and motivated to provide a high level of service
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work well within a team atmosphere as a supportive, helpful team member
• Capable of managing and prioritizing high workload volumes
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.