Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients’ growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.
DepartmentBureau van Dijk is a Moody's Analytics company.
We capture and treat private company information for better decision making and increased efficiency. Our flagship product Orbis delivers information on over 310 million private companies – it’s the world’s most powerful comparable data resource on private companies. We show what companies do, how they’re performing, the people that run them, and who owns them.
Our solutions are used by companies, governments and the public sector, academics, financial institutions and professional service firms across the globe. They use them for many different types of projects, all with a common theme - efficiency. Our markets include: credit risk, compliance and financial crime, supplier risk, tax and transfer pricing analysis, data management and business development and strategy.
We have around 1000 employees working in more than 30 offices across the globe.
Job DescriptionA Software Engineer fulfils the following responsibilities with moderate to significant guidance of more senior team members.
- Interpret business requirements with the assistance of Business Analysts and more senior engineers.
- Implement and test features based on the requirements and the technical designs written by more senior team members.
- Comply with coding standards.
- Collaborate with quality assurance engineers to fix defects.
- Collaborate with build and release engineers to prepare packages.
- Help investigate problems reported by clients.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related major from top institutions, Masters degree is a plus.
- Understands object-oriented design and development.
- Familiar with relational and NoSQL databases.
- Able to work well within the constructs of an agile development process, including SCRUM, Unit Testing, Continuous Build and Integration, etc.
- Willing to learn new technologies; capable of self-directed learning.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Works well in a fast-paced team environment; able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Has strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experienced in Development tools: Visual Studio, Github, TFS.
- Experienced in Development Platforms: Microsoft Windows
- Familiar with Application Frameworks & Engines: ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET WEB API, Microsoft WPF/WCF/WWF, Linq, Unity, Entity Framework,
- Familiar with Databases: SQL, PostgreSQL, MySql, MongoDB, etc.
- Knowledge of Others: Jira, Git, TFS.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.