Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Shared Services are the front line professionals including Finance, Technology, Legal, Compliance and Human Resources, that operationally support our business units. Exceptional Shared Services teams are vital to the international success of our business.
Job Description§ Oversight of legal matters of Equilibrium (corporate, commercial, regulatory, litigation, etc.) in Peru, Panama and other Latin American jurisdictions, working closely with the external counsel and senior management of Moody’s Investors Service (MIS)
§ Involvement in Equilibrium’s strategic Latin American-focused projects and advising senior management on key issues
§ Assisting with review of / advising on Equilibrium regulatory issues
§ Advising on Equilibrium corporate transactions and new product initiatives, working with various teams including Equilibrium’s commercial team
§ Conducting all legal aspects of contract drafting and negotiations, while providing legal support to the regional Moody’s Latin American sales and services organizations in a broad range of commercial transactions, including governmental tenders.
§ Assisting with similar matters across the Latin American region on an as-needed basis
§ Liaising with and managing external counsel
Limited travel within Latin America as required
- A qualified lawyer.
- Have 10-20 years post qualified experience in a major law firm or corporate legal department of a major multi-national firm.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills.
- Experience in banking and financial services is a strong plus, as is specific experience in negotiating commercial transactions.
- Hard working, well organized and process-driven candidates who have a demonstrated ability to manage a diverse workload under demanding deadline pressures.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills and a strong team orientation.
- Experience working in an international environment
- Experience working with senior individuals
- Knowledge of financial services products / markets desired
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to innovatively approach legal issues to achieve corporate strategic objectives
- Administration, project management and document management skills and strong attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines and operate independently with light supervision
- Ability to quickly grasp diverse and complex issues
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.