Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Shared Services are the front line professionals including Finance, Technology, Legal, Compliance and Human Resources, that operationally support our business units. Exceptional Shared Services teams are vital to the international success of our business.
Corporate Planning helps the business achieve its organization goals by defining, forecasting and measuring the company’s financial objectives. The group provides decision support through its analysis and planning, budgeting, and cash management functions.
Provide insightful information and FP&A support to Finance management related to expenses, budgeting and forecasting of Moody’s Analytics.
- Provide analysis, forecasting and budgeting support to Moody Analytics
- Lead monthly close process for Moody’s Analytics, working with stakeholders and accounting to book and review accruals
- Support consolidated expense actual/budget/forecast variance analysis during the monthly/quarterly close process
- Recommend improvements/enhancements to current processes and reporting.
- Raise concerns to the appropriate level of management.
- Participate in special projects as assigned by Finance management
- Key areas of deliverables/analysis include:
- Builds and loads for expense budgets and forecasts. Attend forecast/ budget meetings.
- Monthly and quarterly reporting P&L and/or expense presentations
- Ad-hoc analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or similar career.
- Strong communication skills including senior stakeholder management
- Solid understanding of accounting and financial statement reporting
- English, oral and written knowledge at fluid level.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Proactive in process improvement
- Exposure to multidimensional reporting applications (Hyperion Planning and Essbase a plus)
- Superior skills with Microsoft Office applications (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
- Preferable: Ability to develop interactive dashboards or financial models using macro, Business Intelligence tools (PowerBI), etc.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.