Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor. At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
The Global Assignment Management (GAM) team within Moody’s Investors Service - Regulatory Support and Remediation is responsible for managing the assignment of rating analysts to ~40,000 rated companies and transactions globally, and for ensuring these assignments comply with all applicable regulatory and internal requirements. Our team, with staff in multiple locations globally, is service-driven and interacts with key stakeholders across all levels of the organization to ensure we fulfil our mission. We are focused on continuously improving our processes and technology infrastructure to meet evolving regulatory requirements. Through broad exposure across the entire Moody’s Investors Service organization, team members develop a broad understanding of the credit rating process and its operational requirements and interact with senior stakeholders across rating groups.
- Work with team members and senior stakeholders to review and execute analyst assignment changes
- Work with internal stakeholders, to address questions and resolve issues raised by analysts and senior management
- Prepare regulatory and internal reports, including data reviews
- Audit team data and work with team members and stakeholders in other groups including Rating Teams, Compliance, Technology, Middle Office to resolve any identified issues
- Work with the Regulatory Support and Remediation team to implement changes in regulatory requirements impacting analyst assignments
- Work with team members to identify opportunities for improving technology and streamlining processes, to improve effectiveness and enhance controls
- Partner with internal teams including, Rating Groups, Middle Office, Technology, Data Operations and control groups to implement technology and process improvements
- Recommend opportunities to standardize business processes and to enhance operational efficiencies
- Perform root cause analysis, remediation and process improvements to strengthen operational controls and enhance business processes
- Demonstrate Subject Matter Expertise on GAM team Guidance and processes
- Address and resolve requests in order to support Moody’s Global Rating Groups
- Generate senior management reporting and validate that reports are complete, accurate and produced on time
- Support and drive the successful implementation of new initiatives and projects, including transition to Business-As-Usual, where applicable
- Undergraduate BA/BS degree in business, finance/economics, management or similar field
- 3-6 years of operational control, business process and/or business analysis experience with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact comfortably with different levels of management and articulate/present issues clearly and succinctly
- Self-starter and team player with ability to meet tight deadlines and balance multiple, competing priorities
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to reach across organization to successfully resolve requests/inquiries
- Highly organized and efficient, with attention to detail and excellent communication and project management skills
- Ability to facilitate, negotiate, and resolve interpersonal or inter-team conflicts
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel (e.g. VBA, macros, VLookups), Word and PowerPoint required
- Knowledge of Moody’s rating systems, analysis tools and operational processes a plus
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.