Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Shared Services are the front line professionals including Finance, Technology, Legal, Compliance and Human Resources, that operationally support our business units. Exceptional Shared Services teams are vital to the international success of our business.
DepartmentMoody's Analytics Legal Department
Job DescriptionMoody’s Analytics seeks a highly qualified Corporate Counsel to provide support to the APAC legal function. This position will be based in the Singapore office of Moody’s Analytics. The Corporate Counsel – APAC Region will provide legal support for the company’s sales organization, focusing primarily on commercial transactions, and will also assist with compliance and general corporate matters. It is expected that a significant focus of the position will involve negotiating license and service agreements with Moody’s Analytics customers located in the SE Asia and ANZ regions.
Moody’s Analytics, a division of Moody’s Corporation (NYSE: MCO), provides financial intelligence and analytical tools to help business leaders make better, faster decisions. We are known for our industry-leading and award-winning solutions, made up of research, data, software, and professional services. The Corporate Counsel position, which reports into the Moody’s Analytics APAC Legal Director in Beijing, presents an opportunity to provide business-critical professional services in an important and growing segment of the company.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conducting all aspects of contract drafting and negotiations concerning software, SaaS and data licenses, subscription, maintenance and professional services agreements, while providing support to the regional Moody’s Analytics sales and services organizations in a broad range of commercial transactions.
- In-depth understanding of Moody’s Analytics business policies and practices, including preferred contract terms, IP law relevant to Moody’s Analytics, general revenue recognition guidelines, and ability to explain these policies and procedures clearly to others.
- Managing and streamlining internal processes.
- Providing advice and counsel on a broad range of legal, corporate and regulatory matters, including data protection, anti-bribery, competition and sanctions compliance, contentious matters, and assisting with corporate governance and corporate secretarial matters.
- Working closely with outside counsel and tax advisors in the APAC region and with many of the company’s other in-house lawyers and finance staff.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Be a qualified lawyer from Singapore, Australia, UK or US and have 5-8 years post qualified experience in a law firm and/or corporate legal department (preferably both)
- Relevant experience in negotiating software, SaaS, data and services agreements, including strong contract drafting and negotiation skills, and an in-depth understanding of various types of technology licensing transactions, SaaS and other subscription-based business models and intellectual property concepts.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and possessed of confidence to explain and defend legal positions to opposing counsel and internal Moody’s stakeholders, including sales and senior management
- Ability to work independently and confidently
- Experience in banking, insurance and financial services is a strong plus
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.