Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients’ growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.
|Bureau van Dijk is a Moody's Analytics company. |
We capture and treat private company information for better decision making and increased efficiency. Our flagship product Orbis delivers information on over 310 million private companies – it’s the world’s most powerful comparable data resource on private companies. We show what companies do, how they’re performing, the people that run them, and who owns them.
Our solutions are used by companies, governments and the public sector, academics, financial institutions and professional service firms across the globe. They use them for many different types of projects, all with a common theme - efficiency. Our markets include: credit risk, compliance and financial crime, supplier risk, tax and transfer pricing analysis, data management and business development and strategy.
We have around 1000 employees working in more than 30 offices across the globe.
Job DescriptionThis is a key position in the newly-formed Product Strategy team for Bureau van Dijk. This team will develop and execute product strategies that drive growth across the variety of use cases enabled by our Orbis database.
This person will work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders – including customers, senior management, third party content providers, and the Data Sourcing, Marketing, and Technology teams – to develop new products and to enhance our existing product offerings.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Analyse market trends, clients’ needs and new technologies related to machine to machine transfer of information, such as cloud to cloud replication, API and FTP data feed services in support of new business opportunities. Opportunities will include direct delivery of data to end client institutions and to business partners who over their own data delivery capabilities.
- Develop business cases for investment, including sales forecasting and pricing strategy for data feed services, and delivery of Orbis data through data feed services of business partners/conduits.
- Prioritize projects on our product roadmap in collaboration with partners in Technology and Sales
- Work with the Technology and Data Sourcing teams to build an innovative data delivery solutions for BvD’s product portfolio.
- Design and lead go-to-market plans to ensure product launches maximize sales opportunity
- Track product performance and competitive environment.
- Conduct ad hoc analysis as required to support senior management initiatives.
- Partner with sales and legal teams to assure use cases align with our intellectual property policies
- You have a Bachelor's degree and a Master’s or other advanced degree in a business-related discipline which includes exposure to information systems, database design and/or operations management.
- You have a minimum of 8 years of strategic experience preferably gained in technical product management at a data company, consulting or investment banking.
- Experienced in web services and API management technologies (SOAP/REST), Containerization and data feed services.
- Understand APIs and data manipulation from a product manager’s point of view.
- You have proven success in managing technology-based products from vision through go-to-market execution. You are effective at establishing and motivating cross functional teams.
- You have strong communications skills and work well across roles and levels of seniority.
- You are able to understand and communicate complex customer needs to both experienced and non-technical individuals.
- You are a self-starter who is able to work independently.
- You love working with a global team and occasional international travel.
- Strong IT skills with a good understanding of information systems and 3rd party systems integration.
- Knowledge of trends and challenges with cloud-based storage and information usage.
- Possess a high technical affinity, with ability to understand and explain APIs and software integrations, software architecture, and software configuration to non-technical audiences.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.