Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Shared Services are the front line professionals including Finance, Technology, Legal, Compliance and Human Resources, that operationally support our business units. Exceptional Shared Services teams are vital to the international success of our business.
Job DescriptionThe role requires for active, enthusiastic and creative thinking to be channelled into branding, marketing and communications projects aiming at developing the MCO brand vision and strategy. The AVP will support the MD MCO Brand Management and Digital marketing in connecting business strategy with brand thinking and partner with the operational entities of MIS and MA to help generate actionable strategic marketing ideas. It is a perfect opportunity for an energetic self-starter to contribute to a challenging and results driven environment.
- Support the MD Brand Management in developing the overall roadmap and branding strategy for the MCO band.
- Work with the MD Brand Management to partner with MIS Marketing and MA Marketing functions and MSS (Communications, HR and Investor Relations) to articulate our value proposition and develop actionable strategic marketing ideas.
- Strong focus on ensuring alignment with our business strategy as well as between our brands.
- Support the team in developing a comprehensive Moody’s social media and digital footprint strategy with a view to increase impact and level of engagement by our key stakeholders.
- Monitor our competitive environment from a branding and marketing standpoint: acquisitions, market and product evolutions and technology advances to proactively identify opportunities to enhance our marketing positioning, protect our reputation, and evolve corporate look & feel and/or brand guidelines to remain current, contemporary and relevant in the market.
- Partner with MIS and MA to develop branding and marketing strategies and create collateral for new MCO wide businesses (eg Moody’s Local, MIS Assessments), products or newly acquired affiliates (eg Vigeo Eiris).
- Undergraduate / first level degree in Business Administration or Marketing (BSc / MSc)
- 5 -7 years of relevant working experience within marketing (B2B) or communications in an international environment.
- Experience in creating value propositions to customers, market research skills and have a record of successfully participating in projects.
- Writing and editing experience required for print and online publications is a plus
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, with strong attention to detail
- Track record of taking initiative and driving projects through to completion in a complex organization
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Solid understanding of capital markets
- Fluent in English - the knowledge of any further European/ Asian language is an advantage.
- Well-developed IT skills including advanced Microsoft Office applications, Powerpoint, Advanced Excel as well as use of Bloomberg
- Proven experience in working to tight deadlines
- Ability to adapt to changing market conditions and business environment
- Understanding of the finance industry and the role Rating agencies play.
- Strong interpersonal and marketing skills .
- Ability to communicate clearly and negotiate at various with strong persuasion skills
- Highest ethical standards and working in a multi-cultural environment
- Professional, pro-active, flexible, diligent , dependable and team player
- Strong sense of urgency, and a pro-active "can do" approach
- Highly organized and efficient, Sound judgment -capable of developing independent opinion and defending own views
- English, spoken and written fluency is essential. It would be highly beneficial to have other European / Asian languages.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.