Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor. At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
DepartmentThe Commercial department is responsible for developing and maintaining commercial relationships with rating clients across 16 countries in North and South Asia (ex-Japan), covering financial institutions, corporates, sovereigns and sub-sovereigns; as well as all classes of structured finance transactions.
Job DescriptionThe Role:
Working as member of the APAC Relationship Management Team, with a strong focus on the South-East Asia (“ASEAN”) region, this role requires a senior and dynamic individual with strong knowledge of the debt or credit markets, outstanding relationship building and negotiation skills and a significant track record of sales success in an emerging market environment.
Important to success in the role will be the ability to cultivate a strong profile across the diverse markets of the region, as well as building close working relationships with C-level executives at rated/prospective issuers, as well as with Moody’s network of intermediary contacts and key internal stakeholders.
The individual will be well versed in achieving success in negotiations using techniques developed in response to individual customer value propositions.
- Strategic leadership of Moody’s business development activities in the South East Asia region. Primarily accountable for delivering on new business mandate and revenue targets. Secondary accountability for supporting outreach and revenue maximisation strategies in respect of Moody’s existing client portfolio.
- Assist in the broader business development effort for the ASEAN, he/she will keep abreast of market dynamics for all ratings-related opportunities in the region and effectively communicate to regional peers and senior management.
- Maintain close and proactive engagement with key intermediaries such that client and market information flows are maximized.
- Responsible for delivering on new rating service, revenue and cross selling targets in respect of Moody’s prospective client portfolio. Important also is support of the wider Relationship Management team in providing an outstanding service response to client administration issues and issuance demand on an ongoing basis.
- Working closely with the Head of Relationship Management, and pro-actively identify new rating opportunities from prospective client universe.
- Support a systematic regional calling plan and other marketing activities aimed at extending Moody’s involvement within the region. Ensure that engagement, dialogue and responsiveness are targeted as appropriate at operation level and/or other levels.
- Coordinate and oversee specific projects for the Relationship Management function in the Asia Pacific region.
- Provide support and back-up for other sub-regions as needed.
- In all these activities, the individual will be required to maintain particularly close working relationships with peers across the Asia Pacific region, both within the Relationship Management team and in other groups.
- Strong working knowledge of credit and market-related issues in an emerging markets environment
- Extensive experience building relationships at a senior level in a debt capital markets, credit rating agency, or similar role
- Outstanding negotiation and influencing skills. Strong oral/written communication ability, and excellent interpersonal skills
- A flexible and effective approach to prioritisation of multiple projects
- Management/leadership experience and/or experience operating in ASEAN a strong advantage
- Travel within Asia required
- Mandarin speaker preferred
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.