Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients’ growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.
DepartmentOverview of Moody’s Analytics
At Moody’s Analytics we empower our customers to make better, faster decisions. We do so by providing timely and relevant research, data, analytics, software, and professional services solutions. We are a global firm with an extensive presence in local markets, serving more than 10,500 customers in 155 countries. We strive each day to approach all interactions and challenges with an open mindset, to apply excellence in everything we do, and to be united in our focus on meeting our customers’ needs.
In the Structured Solutions group, we combine financial engineering, software development, and data management to develop analytic software and data tools for structured finance markets around the world. With offices in 6 countries and a global client base of hundreds of top financial services organizations, members of our team work with a diverse group of clients and colleagues. We take pride in being nimble and innovative, which are essential attributes for providing the best customer experience possible.
- Analyse complex financial fixed-income instruments (ABS/MBS/CLO) for stress testing and regulatory submissions
- Reverse Engineer Structure Finance transactions in our Moody’s proprietary cash flow engines
- Assist senior members of the team in supporting and training clients on software applications and the safe delivery/implementation of a suite of fixed income products.
- Help to develop detailed customer installation and/or system integration plans for a wide variety of financial institutions using our analytic software and data solutions.
- Aid in the implementation, customization and use of analytic solutions for risk analysis and regulatory submissions
- Some travel is required.
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor’s) or graduate/second-level degree (e.g. Master’s) with an emphasis in financial engineering, computer science, engineering, math, finance, economics, or a related quantitative field preferred.
- Solid quantitative skills and analytical problem solving ability required.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with the confidence to interact with top financial professionals.
- Demonstrated initiative, enthusiasm and ability to learn quickly and excel as part of a dynamic team.
- Attention to detail and ability to work and learn independently.
- Proficient in writing macros using Microsoft Excel VBA.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server or another relational database is required.
- Working knowledge of financial concepts and exposure to structured finance.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.