Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Shared Services are the front line professionals including Finance, Technology, Legal, Compliance and Human Resources, that operationally support our business units. Exceptional Shared Services teams are vital to the international success of our business.
DepartmentMoody's Information Technology
This individual will be part of the Application Support team in the MIT group. This position will interact daily with users from all business lines, and all levels of seniority to resolve application usage issues and to provide any necessary support required of the user.
• Complete understanding of the standard policy, ownership and implementation of the Incident, Request, Problem and Knowledge Management disciplines for Hyperion Applications.
• Own the delivery of Application Support operational activities to the Business and IT stakeholders Provide seamless support to the application users.
• Act as a subject matter expert on Hyperion Essbase and planning application and interface between Financial planning and analysis users, production support, and Business Systems Management and Application Development teams.
• Prioritize production incidents, requests and problems appropriately, to maximize the output of the Production Support team and minimize service disruption
• Identify long term trends, prioritize RCA queues and work with Business Systems Management to prioritize development effort for periodic releases
• Act as the first point of escalation and provide up-to-date statuses to all stakeholders including senior management on incidents and requests
• Lead the coordination with the Production Support team to establish best practices and improve performance.
• Oversight on ITSM toolset ensuring SLA’s on incidents, requests and problem records are met and their details are accurate.
• Management of serious incidents in the application support area working for a speedy resolution and following up with resulting problem actions.
• Weekend Duty manager role as part of a global rotation acting as point of escalation for serious incidents.
Minimum education and work experience required for this position include:
• University degree or equivalent
• Preferred 5+ years of experience in IT service management support role within the financial sector.
• Experience in SQL Server and Microsoft analysis service
• Experience in Windows Powershell,shell or any scripting language
• Experience in Configuration, Environment Management and CI/CD Implementation
• Technical Experience with Hyperion planning, Essbase SAP BPC and Oracle Smartview
• Experience in desktop applications like MS Access, VBA and Pivot tables
• Business Analysis experience is advantageous.
• ITIL v3 Foundation certification preferred
A minimum of 3+ years support experience with Oracle Hyperion Essbase and Planning application suite is required The key competencies for this position include:
• Strong customer focus and follow-up skills are necessary.
• Must be well-organized, with superior relationship-building and management skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Candidate must be able to stay focused under pressure.
• Must have the ability to understand business issues and translate them to IT priorities.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Process management skills
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.