Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients’ growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.
DepartmentContent Solutions - Business Analysis | Economic Research
Job DescriptionMoody’s Analytics Economics Division is a continuously growing organization with an extensive global client list. We are located in West Chester, PA, and are a leading independent provider of economic, financial, country, and industry research designed to meet the diverse planning and information needs of businesses, governments, and professional investors worldwide.
- You would be responsible for in-depth research and forecasting for state and metropolitan economies and international economies; producing written analysis for our regional and international publications; and responding to client requests and inquiries.
- The work requires general spreadsheet analysis, in depth computer programming for data transformation and estimation, collecting and interpreting data for clients, working with the senior staff on larger research and consulting projects, and contributing to our live commentary website.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Economics relevant experience preferred in economic forecasting and consulting.
- Excellent academic record, writing skills, and a strong proficiency in the use of computers and statistical/econometric software.
- A successful applicant with a recent bachelor’s degree would be placed as an entry level Associate Economist 1.
- An applicant with two-years of post-graduate experience and/or a Master’s degree would be placed as an Associate Economist 2.
- The position requires a motivated, responsible person who can work well with others and independently of daily supervision and produce near copy-ready quality reports.
- Strong interpersonal skills are a must as Associate Economists will work directly with clients to produce scheduled customized products as well as to share their insights on the areas they will cover.
- Quantitative analysis and creative thinking will contribute to the success of a candidate
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.