Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor. At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
DepartmentThe primary function of the EMEA Relationship Management team is the establishment, maintenance and management of rating relationships throughout Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Job DescriptionThe successful candidate for this position will play a crucial role in generating new business and developing existing relationships for Moody’s Investors service within the UK & Ireland. The role allows for considerable independence and autonomy, and represents an excellent opportunity for an energetic self-starter to move into a fast-paced and results-driven environment. Strong debt capital markets knowledge and effective professional networking will be key drivers of success in deepening and expanding Moody’s presence across the region.
- Proactively manage a sizeable and diversified portfolio of existing relationships across the region
- Responsible for retaining existing customers and expanding the share of wallet by selling a tailored value proposition.
- Conducting Business Development in the region (strategic prospecting, on-boarding of new rating relationships and developing new market segments)
- Negotiate commercial terms including fees for new and renewal contracts.
- Proactively seek opportunities and prepare strategically competitive proposals for new and existing contracts involving a bidding process.
- Contribute to the creation and execution of a strategic plan to consolidate and further expand Moody’s footprint in UK & Ireland
- Expected to spend 50-60% of the time meeting existing and prospective customers, as well as key market constituents including investor community.
- Active contribute to overall franchise relevance plans for the market segment / territory
- Represent the Relationship Management team at internal meetings with the analytical team and other departments where applicable
- Provide effective guidance and mentorship to supporting Associates
- Can provide support to and temporarily back-up the Head or Relationship Management for the sub-region.
- Provide support and back-up for other sub-regions as needed
- Provide feedback to Product Management team on innovative ideas for product development
- Senior officer, expected to demonstrate expertise, initiative and highly professional attitude
- Expert level knowledge on financial instruments, key characteristics and dynamics of capital and credit markets in her or his market segment / territory
- Maintain active relationships with issuers at all levels independently with minimal oversight
- Ability to effectively chair several meetings daily with clients across a wide range of different profiles
- Excellent communication skills and ability to reach out and connect with C-level executives
- Effective negotiation and influencing skills
- Able to hold a 60 minutes in person meeting with a Group Treasurer and or CEO/CFO/board member
- Able to effectively articulate and explain Moody’s value proposition
- Able to negotiate and defend pricing, contracts, and renewals
- Lead, coordinate and review response to tenders/RFP processes
- Able to read financial statements to identify financial needs and understand the financial strategy of each company
- Embraces the concept of full ownership of their customers and targets
- Able to flex between Account Management to Business Development activities
- Able to work independently to achieve business objectives
- Excellent understanding of Moody’s services and products, contracts and general conduct of business
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and under pressure
- Team player; able to work effectively with a geographically diverse and multi-cultural team
- Minimum of Undergraduate / First Level degree (or equivalent) preferably in finance, accounting, business or economics
- Extensive years of experience in the financial services industry or similar industry is required
- Fluent in English is essential. Other languages advantageous
- Previous experience in Sales & Marketing is desirable
- Previous experience from the credit ratings industry, debt capital markets or as a financial analyst is desired
- Knowledge of and experience with business culture of the region is desired
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.