REIS provides the most trusted commercial real estate data and analytics, which positions us as value-added counselors to our clients. REIS’s diverse offerings span the investment, property development, lending, and media industries. We are a company with huge impact and our integrity shines through the products we build, the clients we serve and the employees who continue to make us successful every day.
Job DescriptionOur Sales Comparables team is responsible for locating and tracking commercial real estate property data in our Company's nationwide markets. You will obtain detailed property-level information to generate market intelligence for the commercial real estate industry, and will learn about the sales comps aspect of the commercial real estate industry to best track Commercial Real Estate properties. On a daily basis, you will:
- Check, de-dupe, update and process records received from our third-party data provider.
- Review and build content into REIS’s proprietary database by analyzing government records, print and digital business journals, genre specific market reports, email newsletters, white papers, google alerts, and specialty sources that vary per region, state and city.
- Use analytical thinking to investigate real estate properties and markets.
- Conduct deep dive analyses into all aspects of commercial real estate transactions.
- Compare metro level sources to our proprietary database and review criteria to determine if a database record should be added or updated.
- Complete professional outbound phone calls and emails to real estate professionals to gain insider knowledge.
- Make necessary calculations to reconcile data for publication.
- Aggregate real estate data into database used for market insight.
- At least 1 year of experience in Market Research or Data Research role. Experience in the Commercial Real Estate industry a plus.
- Demonstrated research experience in course work, internships, and/or prior position required.
- High School Diploma required;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Proven research capabilities utilizing telephone, library, and web-based methods a must.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Excel.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.