Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients’ growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.
DepartmentInsurance ERS business of Moody’s Analytics, provides world-class risk modelling solutions to the financial services industry around the globe. Our product suite and advisory capability allows our clients to understand and model economic and asset price uncertainty, helping them to improve their understanding of both short and long term financial market risk exposure and pricing.
Job DescriptionThis position is in Insurance Solutions team within the Sales Division at Moody’s Analytics. The role requires expertise and relevant work experience in advising large and mid-sized financial institutions on Insurance Risk Measurement, ALM, Capital Planning, Regulatory and Accounting (e.g. IFRS 17).
In particular, the role involves understanding and assessing the impact of regulation, accounting standards and financial markets on clients’ capital requirements and P&L. The successful candidate will be expected to grow and manage the sales results by developing and strengthening client relationships and matching Moody’s enhanced analytics and technologies with those of the client and advising the client on framework design, methodology choices, and implementation.
The role will also require working with the relationship managers, pre-sales, advisory, implementation services, marketing teams and senior management to identify growth opportunities and develop outreach plans.
You will work with the largest European insurers on their strategic projects covering risk capital, investments and financial performance. The role offers the possibility develop an impressive range of skills such technical subject matter expertise, relationship management, and leading sales negotiations.
The position will based in London.
- Expand the growth of Moody’s solutions for capital modelling, IFRS17, asset liability management and economic scenario modelling.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with existing and new clients, in particular at C-level.
- Provide commercial perspective to clients willing to optimise and streamline their internal capital modelling processes.
- Be highly aware of market and regulatory developments and be pro-active in identifying new opportunities to help clients to strategically position themselves in an evolving market environment.
- Providing market intelligence to product managers in order to support the development of new solutions.
- Contribute to regional marketing activities alongside marketing teams.
- Experience with one or more of the major capital modelling software provider, ESG provider or risk consultancy.
- Strong knowledge of the life insurance industry and the impact of regulatory standards such as Solvency II and IFRS17.
- You are able to demonstrate a strong understanding of life insurance products and challenge the ALM / Risk modelling modeling approaches adopted by insurers.
- You are able to lead large proposals and provide support in shaping the implementation of Moody’s Analytics’ solutions.
- Strong negotiation and sales skills and the ability to deal with clients and senior personnel from day one.
- Strong communications skills in English and in French.
- A relevant post-graduate qualification (PhD or MSc) or strong quantitative skills on risk and actuarial subjects.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.