Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Shared Services are the front line professionals including Finance, Technology, Legal, Compliance and Human Resources, that operationally support our business units. Exceptional Shared Services teams are vital to the international success of our business.
DepartmentData Gov (730500)
Role/Responsibilities This role is responsible for supporting teams within Moody’s Corporation globally by providing ratings based database reports. Individual will be part of the Enterprise Reporting team supporting various initiatives. Specific Responsibilities for this role include:
• Supervise the local members of the Enterprise Reporting team
• Create SQL scripts used for publications, projects, data integrity, and other business intelligence initiatives
• Perform quality assurance checks on code generated by team members
• Prepare documentation for recurring reports and projects
• Participate in cross-training of others to perform other related business unit tasks.
Qualifications • A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Data Science, Statistics or other similar field is preferred, but not mandatory
• Five years or more of relevant work experience
• Proficiency with SQL required. Proficiency with Oracle SQL is preferred, but not mandatory
• Familiarity with ETL tools such as Pentaho and SSIS is a plus
• The ability to manage the change process, to understand implications of data quality, to measure the cost and benefits of data quality, and to detect and correct errors in databases.
• Proficient office software skills (e.g. Excel, Access, Word)
• Possesses knowledge of relational databases
• Possesses excellent verbal and writing skills, project and time management skills, and the ability to work in teams
• Possesses strong attention to detail
• Self-starter who understands what needs to be done and is capable managing their own and their direct reports schedule. Ability to work in a self-directed and independent manner
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.