Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients’ growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.
DepartmentContent Marketing & Product Strategy Team
The Content Marketing & Product Strategy team takes responsibility for all aspects of MIS Research and Data service offerings including features, price and positioning. The team develops strategies to grow revenue and manage expenses of existing service offerings, executes against Go-to-Market plans, gathers market intelligence, and establishes market requirements for services, and initiates ideas and business plans for new products.
Job DescriptionThe Role:
The Content Product Strategy & Marketing team is responsible for managing and growing Moody's Research and Data Services business. Working closely with other Product Strategists and Managing Directors across Moody's rating groups, you will contribute to the management of Moody's Research and Data Products business.
In this role you will support a wide variety of activities that are core to the continued growth and development of the business. You will be involved in managing products through their respective lifecycles and executing against Go-to-Market plans, gathering market intelligence and establishing market requirements, translating market needs into tailored product requirements, providing support to the Sales and Client Service organisations for existing products, and creating and pitching business plans to senior management around new service offerings. You will be focusing on the APAC region as well as Emerging Markets outside APAC.
- Produce strategic business analysis to support investment decisions, marketing initiatives, product development and strategic planning
- Develop strategies to enhance customer value, grow revenue and manage costs of existing product portfolio. Make prioritization decisions; act as customer advocate in investigating and resolving subscriber inquiries and product defects
- Develop presentations for internal and external audiences. Develop marketing materials for pitching products to prospective customers. Educate sales force about products at team meetings, off-sites and product road-shows. Pitch strategy and financial impact to senior management
- Assist in development of yearly sales forecasts and business plans, and track performance throughout the year. Analyze key product performance metrics related to marketing initiatives and communications campaigns
- Assist in development of external distribution channels and 3rd party licensing agreements. Prepare external collateral and positioning materials for advertising and other brand-building opportunities
- Identify new communications channels; research and present new ideas to the team
- Represent Moody's at investor meetings, company-sponsored events and third-party conferences. Coordinate and monitor investor outreach activities in collaboration with the Events Marketing team
- Minimum 6 years of experience, preferably in a corporate strategy or strategic consulting role with evidence of successfully managing marketing activities and communication campaigns in a financial services environment
- Leadership, strong analytic skills, excellent communication and presentation skills and a very solid understanding of global capital/credit markets
- Experience in strategic planning, marketing, product management or management consulting is a plus
- Experience in managing and marketing analytical products delivered via the web, including the design and launch of new features
- A self starter, able to drive projects to conclusion and work effectively with a variety of people at various levels within the company. Ability to excel in a global, team-based environment
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to manage and prioritize several projects at once, able to work and communicate proactively, without close supervision
- Quick learner; shows initiative and willingness to learn new things; has the ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels, with both internal and external parties
- Fluency in English and Mandarin, other Asian languages is a strong plus
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.