Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor. At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
DepartmentOperational Controls – a team within Ratings & Research Support and Operations (RRS + Ops) – owns and manages the MIS operational governance framework, evaluates business processes and performs in-business control reviews. Operational Controls is looking for a Senior Ops Analyst to join the team.
The Senior Ops Analyst represents a key role in the delivery key initiatives and business processes that are critical to the execution of MIS strategies and establishing standard operational objectives. Individual will work closely with variety of key stakeholders across the MIS organization.
- Monitor the status of in process look-back reviews and regulatory disclosure topics
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams (e.g. Compliance, Legal, Rating Process Oversight, Operations, Human Resources, Data Governance, Rating Groups, etc.) to resolve any inquires or issues until the closure
- Generate and report performance metrics
- Perform root-cause analysis on issues and proactively identifying opportunities to further enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the end-to-end business process
- Develop and demonstrate subject matter expertise on the end-to-end global look-back and global disclosures processes as well as applicable Policies, Procedures and Guidelines
- Serve as back-up for MIS governance forums, including Single Point of Coordination and Disclosure Governance
- Research internal and external databases to capture key data attributes (issuers, ratings, disclosures, etc.)
- Manage and perform the annual Look-Back email process
- Develop and maintain training modules, training materials and supporting content (e.g. communications, Guidelines, FAQ’s, presentations, etc.)
- Undergraduate BA/BS degree in business, finance/economics, management or similar field; MBA a plus
- 5 – 10 years of operational control, business process, internal audit and/or business analysis experience with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact comfortably with different levels of management and articulate/present issues clearly and succinctly
- Self-starter and team player with ability to meet tight deadlines and balance multiple, competing priorities
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to reach across the organization to successfully resolve requests/inquiries
- Highly organized and efficient, with attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- Experience managing cross-functional projects
- Ability to supervise, facilitate, negotiate, and resolve interpersonal or inter-team conflicts
- Excellent PowerPoint skills and strong knowledge of MS Excel and Word
- Knowledge of Moody’s rating systems, analysis tools and operational processes a plus
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.