Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Shared Services are the front line professionals including Finance, Technology, Legal, Compliance and Human Resources, that operationally support our business units. Exceptional Shared Services teams are vital to the international success of our business.
DepartmentThe Talent Acquisition team’s primary responsibility is to work with the business to hire the best available talent to enhance the company’s position as an employer of choice. The success of the recruitment team is dependent upon the availability of broad recruitment skills and experience and in-depth knowledge of applicant/candidate positioning within the markets. The team is dynamic and committed, and passionate about recruitment. The approach is professional, open and consultative.
Job DescriptionThe Role and Responsibilities:
Moody's is looking for a Campus Recruiter to help recruit and manage our campus recruiting efforts in EMEA. The Campus Recruiter will work with the head of Campus Recruiting-EMEA to manage the campus recruiting life-cycle for entry-level and internship opportunities across the region.
- Partner with senior business managers to determine full-time entry-level hiring needs from campus; identify target schools; coordinate candidate selection process, including resume collection and reconciliation, resume review, assessment administration, interviewing and decision processes
- Source university graduates and early career candidates to fill full-time positions and internships. Execute process for business units to screen, select, and interview candidates. Obtain management approval for offers, communicate offer/rejection to candidates, and follow up on offers
University Relations and Candidate Experience
- Plan and coordinate communications and on-campus activities to engage students
- Liaise with career services, faculty and student organizations to understand student trends and competitive landscape, and convey Moody’s value proposition on campus
- Schedule recruiting event and implement on-campus marketing campaigns
- Build and maintain effective relationships and ensure timely communication with candidates
Diversity & Inclusion
- Through recruiting and program efforts, support Moody’s belief that a diverse workforce representing an array of backgrounds and experiences contribute to the quality of our opinions, products and services
- Present Moody’s as an employer of choice for diverse candidates on-campus by hosting and attending events targeting diverse groups
- Work with HR administrative support to coordinate and facilitate all logistics associated with hosting university activities, including scheduling and conducting interviews and arranging information sessions, activities, and presentations with key societies and organizations
- Ensure adherence to legal, regulatory, and firm compliance requirements throughout the recruiting process
- Solicit feedback on matters pertaining to university recruiting
- Be knowledgeable about and able to appropriately explain Moody’s benefits and recruitment related policies and programs
- Ensure candidate completion of company and local pre-employment requirements
- Maintain accurate and up to date recruiting data. Create and distribute recruiting activity reports as required. Conduct management presentations regarding recruiting activity as needed
- Contribute towards broader recruiting team projects
- Typically a Moody’s employee in this role would have between 2 and 4 years’ experience working in the campus recruiting space
- Undergraduate degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Experience in the financial services and/or software industries preferred
- Fluency in English required. Additional proficiency in French, German or another European language advantageous
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to build internal and external relationships
- Public speaking and presentation skills, with extemporaneous speaking proficiency
- Organizational and documentation skills with a highly detail-oriented focus
- Experience managing large scale projects and programs
- Extremely flexible and adaptable to a fast paced work environment with tight deadlines
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Good oral and written communication skills – articulate and numerate
- Ability to take initiative and act proactively, follow-up and follow through on all areas of responsibility, respond quickly to internal client requests and suggestions, anticipate internal and external client needs and plan accordingly, and multi-task when required
- Knowledge of company and business orientation and training programs
- Knowledge of employment law and hiring practices
- Experience with behavioral based interview techniques
- Knowledge of company recruiting policies, procedures, and databases
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 25%
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.