Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Shared Services are the front line professionals including Finance, Technology, Legal, Compliance and Human Resources, that operationally support our business units. Exceptional Shared Services teams are vital to the international success of our business.
Controllership department is Responsible for general accounting, revenue accounting and accounting for intercompany transactions and consolidation, as well as financial reporting, accounting policy, tax planning and compliance, invoicing, collections, accounts payable, T&E reimbursement, U.S. payroll and administering corporate financial systems.
The intermediate Accountant works under the direction of their immediate manager to ensure accurate financial statements.
- Organize monthly documentation
- Record journal entries, prepare reconciliations and perform analyses of transactions (simple transactions)
- Record and review daily transactions/process (fixed asset, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, etc) and identify accounting and process changes
- Ensures accounting transactions are recorded to the proper chart of accounts (i.e. legal entities, accounts, departments, currencies, etc).
- Liaises with various departments to obtain accounting transaction support.
- Assists in the preparation of or prepare reports for internal and external reporting.
- Applies accounting judgment when calculating journal entry amounts, using the chart of accounts, identifying reconciliation items, reviewing contracts, and performing account analyses; detailed review with direct manager.
- Gathers supporting documentation for internal and external audits and fields related questions.
- Prepares additional account analysis for Internal Audits, External Audits, and ad-hoc requests.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Understands US & local GAAP, internal control policies and Moody’s Global Accounting Policies (MGAP) with respect to their procedures.
- Additional duties/projects as assigned by your manager.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 4-5 years accounting experience (preferably in a large multi-national company or in a major CPA firm).
- Advanced degree or pass CFC exam or parts passed is preferable.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of a major financial system (preferably PeopleSoft)
- Competent written and verbal communication skills. (English language)
- Strong organizational skills, analytic skills, and attention to details.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.