RRS – SFG Argentina
The AA2 role supports lead analysts in interactions with external markets, including issuers and investors. Operating as the single point of contact for (possibly multiple) lead analysts within the R&R function, the AA2 will liaise with multiple peers in varying locations.
The AA2 role provides an opportunity for the candidate to make a significant contribution towards the success of the RRS and R&R functions by providing a range of analytical support that contributes to overall credit analysis outcomes.
The AA2 role will focus on Structured Finance as its primary Line of Business (LOB), and will support relevant portfolios and methodologies. There is also the potential for cross-training in other LOBs. The AA2 role provides a unique opportunity to develop strong analytical and professional skills that are valuable to any future career in the financial services industry.
- Provides analytical and research support on a portfolio of credits under the principal direction of lead analysts in the Ratings & Research function.
- Provides initial review and quality assessment of work products from other (generally, less seasoned) members of the team.
- Develops a strong understanding of relevant methodologies to assist analysts in applying them to rating analysis.
- Supports and assists lead analysts in advanced and bespoke analytical tasks, examples include:
- Analysis of credit documentation; sourcing and analysis of relevant data; preparation and use of proprietary models for credit analysis; preparation of rating committee memo, including charts, and other credit rating process documentation; drafting of issuer and sector research; preparation of materials for issuer meetings and investor briefings; review and translation of relevant Moody’s methodologies in the domestic market
- Supports monitoring of a portfolio of credits bypreparing data for surveillance, periodically updating preliminary analytical components, and initiating/escalating deeper credit reviews when necessary
- Provides credit specific nuance and identifies credit issues that affect issuer and credit ratings for discussion with lead analyst or managers.
- Effectively and persuasively communicates credit knowledge and rating analysis rationale in both written and oral form.
- Periodically accompanies lead analyst to issuer and investor meetings, and may lead certain issuer discussions; supports lead analyst in ongoing interactions.
- Attends/presents certain sections of RC memos in certain Rating Committees (primarily for development purposes).
- Develops and maintains an understanding of industry trends and issues.
- Performs certain routine administrative and other ad hoc credit-related tasks, as well as special projects as needed, under overall supervision of RRS manager
Bachelor degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics or other relevant discipline required.
Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience with proven credit experience e.g. at a bank, insurance company, asset manager, corporate or investor or other related field.
Understanding of capital and domestic markets (including familiarity with structured finance product such as consumer loan, trade receivable and private label credit card asset-backed securities) a plus.
Solid proficiency in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Proficiency in SQL, VBA and/or other data analytic tools is advantageous.
Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills a must.
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly.
Fluency in English is required