RRS – SFG Brazil
The Associate Analyst 3 (AA3) role provides an opportunity to make a significant contribution to the success of the Ratings & Research Support (RRS) and Ratings & Research (R&R) teams, by providing a range of analytical support services that contributes to the overall credit analysis function performed by these teams.
The AA3 role will focus primarily on the Structured Finance Group, with potential for cross-training in supporting various asset classes and methodologies, in other Lines of Business (LOBs), as part of career progression. The AA3 will support a team of lead analysts in the R&R function with credit analysis in the form of discrete pieces of analytical work – for both ratings and research. The role will require high level quantitative and qualitative analysis of key industry credit issues for discussion with lead analysts and managers, with the intent to form a holistic view on a portfolio of credits.
The AA3 position provides a unique opportunity to develop strong analytical and professional skills that are valuable to any future career in the financial services industry. This will be an internally facing role, reporting to the RRS Team Manager.
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate their ability to work effectively in a team environment. The ideal candidate for this role will possess strong organizational skills, demonstrate attention to detail, and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
- Perform preliminary credit analysis to support ratings, research, analytical outreach and presentations on a portfoilio of credits, under the direction of R&R lead analysts. Examples of analytical work include:
- Sourcing and analyzing data, preparing and using proprietary models for credit analysis, preparing credit rating memos, including charts, and other required material for credit rating processes and meetings; drafting of issuer and sector research; preparation of materials for issuer meetings and investor briefings; review and translation of relevant Moody’s methodologies in the domestic market
- Identifying trends in data and use analytical ability, applying judgment to form well thought out credit conclusions.
- Develop working knowledge of Moody’s methodologies in order to apply to credit analysis.
- Interpret and analyse financial data provided by Financial Data Associates (FDAs) group to perform the preliminary credit analysis. Review FDA work for accuracy.
- Support monitoring of a portfolio of credits by preparing data for surveillance, periodically updating preliminary analytical components, and initiating/escalating deeper credit reviews when necessary under the direction of R&R lead analysts.
- Develop the ability to understand and identify key factors that affect issuer credit ratings under full supervision and guidance from R&R lead analysts.
- Perform holistic analysis on certain credits under the direction of lead analysts in the R&R function.
- Perform certain routine administrative and other ad hoc credit-related tasks, as well as special projects as needed, under overall supervision of RRS manager.
- Work as a team with other associate analysts in RRS and lead analysts in R&R, under overall supervision of RRS Team Manager.
Minimum undergraduate/first level degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field (e.g. Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent qualifications).
Demonstrates proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Familiarity with SQL, VBA, and/or other data analytic tools a plus.
Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly.
Keen attention to detail. Highly organized and efficient.
- Fluency in English is required; Fluency in Spanish is highly desired.