More about REIS - Real Estate Solutions by Moody's Analytics:Reis provides the most trusted commercial real estate data and analytics which positions us as value-added counselors to our clients. Reis’s diverse offerings span the investment, property development, lending, and media industries. We’re a company with huge impact and our integrity shines through the products we build, the clients we serve and the employees who continue to make us successful every day
The Director - Senior Economist position is a senior position reporting to Moody’s Analytics REIS-Head Economist. The person occupying this role will be leading a team of economists and analysts to create and maintain proprietary models, combining Reis's primary data and other datasets available to Moody's Analytics, primarily for use in multifamily and commercial real estate applications. In addition, the Economist will have to interact with analysts and economists from other Moody’s Analytics research and economics teams, as well as key members of REIS Operations, Product, IT, Customer Success, and Sales teams. In addition, the Economist will be presenting at internal and external Conferences, writing research and white papers and supporting customer engagements. The best candidate will have a strong quantitative background, be an excellent presenter, and have a track record of communicating effectively - whether it be in industry event presentations, client engagements, or custom advisory roles.
- In a leadership capacity the successful candidate should be able to lead, mentor, and develop other economists and junior analysts, and help build the depth and breadth of the team.
- A critical part of the work will include developing and maintaining forecasting models, analytics and scores for CRE industry participants, including documentation, training support for internal Customer Success and Quality Control team members, as well as clients, and end users.
- This collaborative role includes any kind of work required by contemporary regulatory requirements for model validation.
- As the industry landscape evolves, the Dir-Sr Economist will keep up to date with the latest tools and software languages required to appropriately model CRE data, and adapt to information flow, given the nature of Reis's business models.
- The Dir-Senior Economist will present at industry conferences, represent Moody’s Analytics REIS in client presentations and custom advisory engagements, and effectively communicate the firm’s overall vision alongside rigor, depth, and defensibility of our data and modeling approaches. firm’s overall vision alongside rigor, depth, and defensibility of our data and modeling approaches.
Graduate Degree (PhD) in Real Estate, Economics, Finance, Financial Engineering, Statistics or related quantitative field.
Superior programming and data analysis skills. Familiarity with R, Python, Stata, or a related statistical programming language strongly preferred.
3-5 years of demonstrable experience managing people and teams.
Publication record in industry/trade journals preferred.
Experience in modeling credit risk preferred.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Experience in commercial real estate preferred, but not required.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.