Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor. At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
DepartmentWe are looking for a talented and highly motivated individual to initially join the MIS Methodology Development Group (MDG) to develop methodologies for Moody’s domestic ratings.
Job DescriptionThe VP-Senior Credit Officer will serve as analytical lead on a range of analytical projects relating to rating methodologies covering Fundamental and Structured Finance asset classes in the Latin American region.
This role requires a strong academic background with experience in fundamental and/or structured finance sectors, credit risk, or quantitative analysis. The ideal candidate for this role will possess strong communication, analytical and organizational skills and demonstrate attention to detail.
This VP-Senior Credit Officer position provides a unique opportunity be involved in a ‘start-up’ affiliate and shape the establishment of a methodology development function. As a result, the ability of the individual to collaborate with all key stakeholders to initially build, and then maintain, the methodology framework will be key to be successful.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of rating methodologies used by the Fundamental and/or Structured Finance Group in the Latin American region
- Lead projects ensuring timely completion and effective execution.
- Regularly work with the rating model group to develop and update scorecards and modelling tools
- Ensure the analytical relevance, consistency and transparency of the methodologies to meet needs of users.
- Author rating methodologies in Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Coordinate with other members of MDG, Rating Groups, Ratings Process Oversight Group, Rating Model Group
- Assist with ad-hoc quantitative or analytical tasks
- Fluency in Spanish is essential with a good working knowledge of Portuguese.
- Bachelor’s degree in listed or related fields with a substantial number of years of relevant job experience, in Finance, Economics or related quantitative field and relevant job experience
- Experience must include conducting fundamental or transaction analysis and risk analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Sound judgment and highest ethical standards
- Capable of developing independent opinions and defending own views
- Professional, pro-active, flexible, diligent and dependable
- Highly organized and efficient, with ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with key stakeholders
- Master’s degree or CFA would be ideal to have but not required
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.