Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Shared Services are the front line professionals including Finance, Technology, Legal, Compliance and Human Resources, that operationally support our business units. Exceptional Shared Services teams are vital to the international success of our business.
The Role / Responsibilities:
The Administrative Accountant works under the direction of their immediate manager to ensure accurate global cash application, resolve unidentified cash receipts, and resolve credit balances on customer accounts.
• Run daily bank statements from multiple banking portals.
• Manually enter and apply all global payments and investigate/resolve unapplied cash receipts.
• Reconcile daily cash entered.
• Identify and process all global refunds to customers by ensuring all credits have the appropriate support documentation and signatures of authority (DOA).
• Process customer credit balances via refund or cash transfer.
• Ensure cash applications and refund processing meets the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) reporting requirements.
• Process bank adjustments (debit and credit advices).
• Process and report on all credit card and PayPal payments.
• Assist all collection associates research unresolved account balances.
• Assist Revenue and General Accounting in reconciling account balances.
• Prepare an escheatment report and supporting documentation to General Accounting for unclaimed refunds and unidentified payments.
• Process financial adjustments (cash transfers, write-off’s) as requested by the collections associate.
• Additional duties/projects as assigned by manager.
• A bachelor’s degree is preferred
• 1 -2 years Accounts Receivable is preferred
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• Knowledge of banking portals preferred
• Knowledge of a major A/R system (preferably PeopleSoft)
• Competent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to details
• Solid trouble-shooting and problem solving skills
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.