Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients’ growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.
- 6+ years of software design, development, and operation experience
- 3+ years of experience designing, architecture, operating and developing large-scale services with a strong understanding of scaling and performance
- 3+ years of full time work on Oracle database in one or more of the following roles: PL/SQL developer, DBA, and/or database consultant/specialist.
- 2+ years of hands on work on J2EE application server and Java application support experience.
- Ability to quickly learn complex systems and new technologies
- Good understanding of database internals, query processing and query optimization. Particularly on Oracle DB.
- Good understanding of data modeling and architecture
- Ability to conduct technical training and provide support to presales activities.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills in both English and Japanese and ability to communicate to clients at different levels.
- Good understanding of web technologies and web application server configuration (Websphere, Weblogic, Tomcat, and/or JBOSS).
- Oracle 11g/12c OCP database and web application server administrator certification would be an advantage.
- Flexible to travel both domestically and internationally.
- BE, MS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Math
- Excellent command of English and Japanese
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.