Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients’ growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.
DepartmentWill be a part of the Research and Modelling Group, working closely with cross functional teams in San Francisco office. Position is in Prague, Czech Republic.
Job DescriptionAs a Quantitative Financial Analyst, you will analyse and assure the quality of financial statistics produced by our leading-edge credit risk measurement and asset liability management products. This is an opportunity to help develop the latest breed of financial applications based on world-class financial research.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Review financial analytics requirements and work with Research and Product Management to develop testing plans and testing strategies.
- Design/Create test cases, execute tests, analyse testing results and present testing reports to the project team.
- Work closely with Financial and Software Engineering teams to ensure product quality and on-time delivery
- Build, execute and maintain automation test suites, regression tests, and financial testing systems
- Develop analytics prototype and benchmark for testing.
- Provide 2nd tier support on modelling questions to clients.
- Advanced degree in a quantitative or software engineering field such as Financial Engineering, Operations Research, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Statistics, or other closely-related fields.
- Academic training or experience in Financial Risk Models, Fixed Income Analysis, Balance Sheet Management.
- Superb analytical skills and persistence in problem solving, quantitative approach to understanding problems in finance.
- Data processing experience with large financial databases (SQL Server, Oracle) and data files in various formats such as csv, xml, json.
- Strong programming skill and experience (Python, C++, C#).
- Strong skills in R or other statistical packages.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks as well as a good team player.
- Detail-oriented, results-driven, and well organized.
- Demonstrated creativity, flexibility, enthusiasm and willingness to learn and ensure ongoing self-development.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.