Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Shared Services are the front line professionals including Finance, Technology, Legal, Compliance and Human Resources, that operationally support our business units. Exceptional Shared Services teams are vital to the international success of our business.
DepartmentThe mission of the Global Communications team is to be a strategic partner driving Moody's thought leadership, enhancing reputation and influencing perception through clear and persuasive communications internally to employees and externally to stakeholders.
Among the services the team provides are:
- Media outreach, training and monitoring
- Promotion of research, products and services
- Content development for traditional and digital channels
- Translating press releases and key research into local languages
- Employee communications
- Social media strategy
- Branding governance, strategy design and marketing communications
- Translate methodologies, research reports, press releases and other relevant material into Japanese; occasionally, translate Japanese material into English.
- Ensure that final documents are accurate, clear and flow well in the target language.
- Foster strong relationship with internal customers, managing expectations with regards to translation services.
- Exercise judgment when problems are identified, proposing solutions to help further enhance the translation process and escalating when necessary.
- Maintain a highly efficient communication with analysts to ensure that consistent translation approach and terminologies are adopted.
- Apply Trados and other technologies, where applicable, to increase efficiency.
- Contribute to broader Communications objectives and initiatives which may not be translation related.
- Execute ad-hoc projects.
- Degree holder in English, Translation or Business-related disciplines.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Japanese.
- Sound knowledge of PC operations, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, and Japanese word processing.
- Familiarity with Trados or other CAT tools or machine translation will be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of financial terminology.
- Strong sense of responsibility, able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated with eye for details and a good team player.
- Good communications skills & customer service-oriented approach.
- At least 5 years of work experience in similar fields.
- Work experience in research in financial institutions will be an advantage.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.