Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients’ growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.
DepartmentBureau van Dijk
Seeking an experienced and results-oriented Business Development Manager to join our fast growing Corporate and Professional Services sales team. In this role you will have the opportunity to work closely with other Corporate and Professional Services sector groups, Global and Regional Sector Lead and a client support team to help develop and close new sales opportunities in both green field and existing clients within the Government.
We are looking for someone who will remain hungry and excited to drive new businesses to the company. Proven sales expertise is a must.
Based in Bangalore, India, the Business Development Manager will be working in a team-oriented, fast-paced, entrepreneurial, roll-up your-sleeves environment where people work with passion and purpose. Everyone shares a commitment to excellence and a desire to work in a collaborative, fun atmosphere.
Your compensation package will include a base salary with variable compensation based on performance against annual revenue goals and objectives.
• Proactively identifying and driving new business opportunities with potential targets in the Corporate and Professional Services
• Maintaining a pipeline of meetings, presentations and proposals in the Corporate and Professional Services
• Managing and supporting existing clients to generate and close new product and solution service sales
• Understanding existing and prospective clients' projects and support needs, strategic objectives, purchasing criteria, political and other influences or constraints and decision-making processes
• Presentation of solutions to existing and prospective clients throughout a consultative sales process
• Attendance at industry trade shows, events and seminars (where appropriate)
• Developing and maintaining strong relationships with relevant industry influencers and promoting partner engagements and creating broader networks within the Government & Public sector
• Working alongside the pre-sales and service delivery team and assisting with the delivery and execution of large enterprise wide solution sales
• 4-6 years experience in a relevant B2B sales role, with proven track record of achieving target
• Combination of corporate sales experience, as well as software-as-a-service solutions. Experience selling into Corporate and Professional Services markets is highly desirable, however, a proven track record of consistently achieving strong sales targets into commercial markets can also be considered
• Experience in selling data or software solutions and services within to a multi-stakeholder, long sales cycle environment
• Demonstrated experience in developing and expanding strong customer relationships
• A strong business acumen and results driven with a drive to succeed
• Proven ability to be an active listener who creates win-win outcomes for all stakeholders
• Extremely disciplined execution, detail orientation, and follow through skills
• Results-driven, determined, and flexible, with a strong and disciplined work ethic
• Self-motivated and capable of working independently and with a team
• Ability to develop, articulate and present concepts clearly to clients & colleagues
• Proven skills in collaborating with colleagues and clients to develop winning, compelling value propositions for opportunities that are relatively complex and where the solution is not always obvious
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills is a must
• Proficient English language capabilities (business level proficiency desirable)
• Possess a proactive approach to problem solving, actively seeking opportunities for improvement with solutions in mind
• Ability and availability for domestic and international travels
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.