Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients’ growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.
DepartmentThe Enterprise Risk Solutions (ERS) Services Group is a global organization of 1,000 team members who help clients better understand and manage financial risk. We develop solutions for financial institutions, large companies, and governments seeking to implement best practices in risk measurement and management. Our client list includes some of the largest and most respected companies in the world. We design, build, and implement a broad range of software to fundamentally help our clients better balance risk and return. Our software has earned accolades from clients, regulators, and the financial media.
The Banking Reg Tech (BRT) Solutions business is comprised of product managers, project directors, functional consultants, and technical consultants spread around the world with primary offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Paris, Singapore, and Hong Kong. Collectively, we help clients comply with ever-changing banking regulations while providing the information and insights needed to manage a balance sheet comprehensively across asset, liability, and capital positions.
Job DescriptionThe Role / Responsibilities:
Are you this rare person, who is passionate about user experience design, new technologies, and Fintech?
Moody’s Analytics is looking for a User Experience designer who is enthusiastic about designing financial applications that help banks better manage their risks.
You will be part of the Banking RegTech business of Moody’s Analytics’ Enterprise Risk Solutions (ERS) department.
You will work on our initiative to deliver our know-how around the Basel standards, particularly regulatory capital, as a Software-as-a-Service to a wide range of existing and future financial institution customers. This high profile initiative is driven by our ambition to maintain our leading position, grow our market and improve the efficiency of how our solutions are delivered through technological innovation. In this we are relying on some of the most popular, and most promising, cloud-based technologies.
Working as a member of “squad”, i.e. a small, cooperative team that covers all aspects of certain topics from the functional to the technological, your role will be to help ensure that our solution meets customer expectations in terms of usability.
You will help design an intuitive solution that enables users to be autonomous and productive.
Up to 20% travel may be required, primarily within the EU.
- Work day to day with product managers, software developers and quality analysts on the design
and validation of the application screens
- Work directly with customers to understand their business, and provide user experience insights
- Interpret business requirements into effective UI designs, delivering end-to-end user experience solutions for multiple modules: from concepts, detailed wireframes, and prototypes, to visual design comps, and detailed design specifications
- Communicate design decisions confidently based on robust rationale
- Use personas, scenarios, and task analysis to communicate user requirements
- Organize and lead design sprints
- Create, evaluate, and modify low and high-fidelity prototypes, to support the development process
- Convert complex information into insightful data visualizations
- Apply, but also evolve, established user interface design patterns based on Material Design
- Deliver high-fidelity prototypes, as a support of user testing
- Conduct external user testing and internal guerilla tests
- Work collaboratively in a globally-distributed environment
- Communicate, and evangelize about User Experience objectives, and processes, both internally and externally
- Stay up to date with industry best practices and apply them where appropriate
- Significant track record in defining and delivering complex transactional interfaces
- Degree in design, human computer interaction, or a related field
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles and methodologies
- Passion for design and its impact on the creation of successful products
- Familiarity with developing user profiles, user scenarios, task flows, and information architecture
- Excellent visual design skills, including strong understanding of layout, color, composition, and data visualization principles
- Understanding the array of technical constraints, user goals, and business requirements
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, decentralized environment
- Practical knowledge of design tools such as Axure, Balsamiq Mockups, Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity with Angular, CSS, and Cloud technologies is a plus
- Experience with Accessible design is a plus
- Portfolio demonstrating experience producing elegant solutions for complex applications is indispensable
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.