Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients’ growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.
DepartmentThe Banking Reg Tech group builds software to help banks around the world assess the overall health of their balance sheets and generate reports for regulators and other stakeholders. We know that regulatory and accounting standards and the technological demands of our customers are subject to change, which is why we employ a continuous cycle of innovation that allows us to offer nimble and agile solutions to our customers’ problems.
The RiskFoundation Platform team builds technical frameworks that are used by functional teams. The frameworks provide services for database schema management, import and export of data, business intelligence tools as well as a rich framework for rendering a user interface in HTML5. It is made up of Quality and Software Engineers working together under Agile Scrum methodologies. The RiskFoundation team works closely with the functional teams to help them provide world-leading risk and capital management solutions that have won numerous industry awards from both industry analysts and readers of industry magazines.
The Scenario Analyzer application provides a comprehensive enterprise-wide stress testing solution to help financial institutions understand the impact of a given macro-economic scenario on their financial results. It contains tools that enable customers to create robust stress testing processes for regulatory reporting.
Job DescriptionThis is a unique opportunity to join a team who are experiencing a period of growth.
You will join the team as Quality Assurance Engineer. You will participate in the whole Moody’s RiskFoundation Scenario Analyzer Enterprise solution lifecycle. In daily cooperation with Software Engineers and Business Analysts, you will participate in the design, writing and execution of tests based on technical or functional specifications.
The Role / Responsibilities:
An Assistant Director- Senior Quality Assurance Engineer fulfils the following responsibilities, with occasional guidance of more senior team members:
- Design, write and execute manual and automated tests.
- Assist in the implementation of test automation frameworks.
- Assist with clarification of functional and non-functional requirements.
- Analyze test results at the story or feature level and provide meaningful reports to project team.
- Use bug tracking systems to submit, track and manage defects.
- Maintain software testing artefacts.
- Collaborate with software engineers to identify and fix defects.
- Collaborate with build and release engineers to identify and solve environment issues.
- Provide estimates for user stories and tasks.
- Influence the functional design and user experience.
Experience in the following would be appreciated:
- Proficient in data access techniques for relational databases (SQL).
- Competent in Application Servers: Apache Tomcat and/or WebSphere and/or Jetty and/or WebLogic and/or JBoss and/or Liberty
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and in French.
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills as well as attention to detail.
- Aptitude for thinking outside the box to develop thorough test plans, test scenarios, test cases and test scripts.
- Ability to investigate a defect, isolate its probable cause and provide a reliable method for reproducing it.
- Quickly learn new technologies; proactively seeks to improve.
- Works well in a fast-paced team environment; able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
Experience in the following would be appreciated:
- Programming Languages: Java and/or scripting languages.
- Significant QA experience.
- Knowledge of a wide range of QA methodologies
- Ticketing & source control & CI systems, i.e. Jira, Rally, Perforce, Git, Jenkins.
- Professional software design and development experience.
- An agile development process, including SCRUM, Unit Testing, Continuous Build and Integration.
- Ideally have obtained a Masters degree in Computer Science.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.