Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor. At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
DepartmentThe Ratings & Research Support (RRS) department is responsible for producing analytical inputs in support of Moody’s Ratings and Research (R&R) function. In addition, this department will provide support for surveillance requirements and partner with R&R to provide the necessary support for issuer and investor interactions.
Job DescriptionThe Associate Analyst 3 (AA3) role provides an opportunity to make a significant contribution to the success of the Ratings & Research Support (RRS) and Ratings & Research (R&R) teams, by providing a range of analytical support services that contributes to the overall credit analysis function performed by these teams.
The AA3 role will focus primarily on the Financial Institutions Group and there is potential for cross-training in supporting varying asset classes and methodologies, in other Lines of Business (LOBs), as part of career progression.
The AA3 will support a team of lead analysts in the R&R function with credit analysis in the form of discrete pieces of analytical work – for both ratings and research. Will perform high level quantitative and qualitative analysis of key industry credit issues for discussion with lead analysts, and will form a holistic view on a portfolio of Latin American issuers.
The AA3 position provides a unique opportunity to develop strong analytical and professional skills that are valuable to any future career in the financial services industry. This will be an internally facing role, reporting into the RRS Team Manager.
The role requires a solid accounting background with strong focus in financial analysis. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate their ability to work effectively in a team environment. The ideal candidate for this role will possess strong organizational skills, demonstrate attention to detail, and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
- Perform preliminary credit analysis to support ratings, research, analytical outreach and presentations, with potential exposure to more high-profile subsectors or issuers, under the principle direction of the RRS Team Manager. Examples of analytical work include:
- Preparing financial spreadsheets and charts, analyzing data and financial statements, building and updating financial models and forecasts, and writing analytical commentary in accordance with Moody’s methodologies.
- Identifying trends in data and use analytical ability, applying judgment to form well thought out credit conclusions.
- Develop working knowledge of Moody’s methodologies in order to apply to credit analysis.
- Interpret and analyse financial data provided by Financial Data Associates (FDAs) group to perform the preliminary credit analysis.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand and identify key factors that affect issuer credit ratings under full supervision and guidance from the RRS Team Manager.
- Support credit monitoring/surveillance of issuers by e.g. preparing data for surveillance, periodically updating preliminary components of analysis, and initiating/escalating deeper credit reviews when necessary
- Perform holistic analysis on certain credits under the principal direction of lead analysts in the R&R function.
- Perform certain routine administrative and other ad hoc credit-related tasks, as well as special projects as needed, under overall supervision of RRS manager.
- Work as a team with other associate analysts in RRS and lead analysts in R&R, under overall supervision of RRS Team Manager.
- Minimum undergraduate/first level Finance, Accounting or related field (e.g. Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent qualifications).
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products and particularly Excel (advanced), Word and PowerPoint.
- Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Keen attention to detail. Highly organized and efficient.
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.