Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor. At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
DepartmentThe Ratings & Research Support (RRS) department is responsible for producing analytical inputs in support of Moody’s Ratings and Research (R&R) function. In addition, this department will provide support for surveillance requirements and partner with R&R to provide the necessary support for issuer and investor interactions.
Job DescriptionThe Associate Analyst 3 (AA3) will conduct comprehensive analysis on an assigned portfolio of ratings/credits. The AA3 will perform holistic evaluations of credit risk by integrating credit inputs prepared by others, including Financial Data Analysts (FDAs), RRS Associates and external parties. In conducting credit analysis for their assigned portfolios, transactions or credit reviews, AA3s will actively participate in rating committee discussions and interact with issuers and other market participants, in collaboration with Lead Analysts.
The AA3 role is integral to Moody’s focus on ratings accuracy, research and market outreach. The AA3 role will focus primarily on the , with the potential for cross-training in other Lines of Business (LOBs).
- Performs day-to-day credit analysis related to ratings, research, presentations, and investor outreach. Examples of analytical work produced include:
- Reviewing financial spreadsheets and charts prepared by others, analyzing data and financial statements, building and updating financial forecasts, and writing analytical commentary in accordance with Moody’s methodologies.
- Assisting with proprietary models and new financial projections as applicable, identifying trends in data, and applying analytical skills and judgment to form well-reasoned credit conclusions.
- Reviewing transaction documents and building knowledge of cash flow and loss allocation rules (if applicable to LOB).
- Develops strong working knowledge of Moody’s methodologies and credit rating best practices, applying these with guidance from Lead Analysts.
- Prepares first draft of rating committee memos, in collaboration with Lead Analysts.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand and identify key factors that affect issuer credit ratings.
- Interprets and analyzes financial data and other credit inputs provided by others e.g. FDAs and RRS Associates.
- Monitors credit quality and issuer and/or portfolio trends by following market developments, analyzing issuer reporting, and engaging with issuers directly for follow-up clarification and information.
- As applicable to the LOB, monitors and attends earnings calls of companies within assigned portfolio, including monitoring relevant news events.
- Attends rating committee meetings and is encouraged to participate, including offering analysis and opinion where appropriate.
- May complete Credit Estimates used to assess elements of credit risk in certain rated transactions.
- Prepares first draft of core research as applicable to the LOB e.g. credit opinions, issuer and sector comments, press releases, pre sale and new issue reports etc. in collaboration with Lead Analysts.
- Contributes to research strategy, including idea generation and preliminary drafting, adhering to Moody's research standards.
- Attends investor briefings and issuer meetings as required; may help prepare presentation materials; arrives prepared to engage in discussions.
- Performs analytical tasks related to portfolio reviews and other credit projects (e.g. liquidity scrubs).
- Operates applicable ratings and research systems and utilizes software specific to the rating group. Identifies all issues
- Demonstrates sound understanding and judgment in applying Moody’s processes, documentation standards and best practices, adhering to all laws and policies.
- Provides clear, concise and constructive guidance in the delegation of work to Associates (if applicable), actively managing workload pipeline in order to provide sufficient time for completion. Seeks Associate Analyst Team Manager (AATM) guidance
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.