Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Enterprise Risk Solutions (ERS)
• Lead Quantitative Risk engagements/advisory projects with a Market Risk focus. Developing and validating derivatives pricing models, risk estimation models, counterparty credit risk models and stress testing models
• Understand regulatory guidelines and advise clients on their implementation – Basel II.5, FRTB, CCAR, FDSF, SR 11-7, TRIM etc.
• Travel onsite to client locations and other delivery centres as and when needed
• Improve existing processes and make them more structured and robust
• Build strong relationship with clients, internal and external
• Develop or strengthen competencies in areas like derivatives pricing models, risk estimation models (VAR/ES, IRC/DRC, RNIV/NMRF) and Counterparty Credit Risk(CCR) models
• Develop or strengthen competencies of pricing and modelling techniques across asset classes
• Develop good understanding of the regulatory guidelines
• Meet regularly with direct reports, coach them and offer appropriate encouragement and feedback
• Work effectively as a team member sharing responsibility, providing support and updating senior team members on progress
• Participate in brainstorming sessions and propose hypothesis, approaches, & techniques
• Write white papers on specific topics/research ideas
• Help in business development
• Hire suitable team members keeping tactical and strategic needs in mind
• 3-6 years of relevant experience in Financial Services, either as part of an institution or in advisory
• Strong academic background including a PhD or Master’s degree (Computational Finance/ Statistics/ Mathematics/ Econometrics) or equivalent would be preferred.
• Engineering graduates from premier institutions like an IIT or NIT with relevant work experience are also encouraged to apply.
• Modelling background, including experience in model development and validation of derivatives pricing, market risk estimation models, counterparty credit risk models and stress testing models.
• Knowledge of quantitative methods – time series analysis, stochastic calculus
• Programming skills: C++ or Java/ any object oriented language, R, Matlab, Python
• Strong problem solving and technical skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Certifications such as CQF, FRM and CFA will be a plus
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.