Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor. At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
DepartmentMoody’s Investors Service / Relationship Management
Job DescriptionThis is a rare and exciting opportunity to join one of the world’s leading credit rating agencies.
We seek an energetic and team-oriented Relationship Manager located in Moody’s Sydney office. The role is responsible for managing our financial institutions and securitisation clients in Australia and New Zealand. We encourage applications from individuals with relevant experience and outstanding interpersonal skills, who will enjoy working in a dynamic, diverse and global environment.
Moody’s is a committed Equal Opportunity Employer; we value and promote diversity in our workplace. We provide a great benefits package, a flexible work environment and actively promote a Culture of Excellence within our organisation.
The position forms part of a small and motivated team of Relationship Managers and support Associates based in our Sydney office, and also works closely with colleagues located in other Asia Pacific and international offices. The Relationship Management team is responsible for growing our business and delivering outstanding service to our new and existing customers in Australia and New Zealand/Pacific, and reports directly to the Country Head.
The Role & Responsibilities
The core responsibility of the role is to grow Moody’s business by selling our range of credit ratings services and associated products through the delivery of a strategically targeted business development program, outstanding service and a sophisticated value proposition.
The role is responsible for a portfolio of Australia and New Zealand financial institutions and securitisation clients and new business prospects. This requires a dynamic individual with strong relationship building capabilities at senior level, and strong negotiation and influencing skills. The successful candidate will have the proven ability to develop and execute on a systematic, strategic outreach plan and to successfully cultivate a broad contact network across a large region. Maintaining an in-depth and up-to-date understanding of sector trends and domestic/international debt capital markets is an essential part of the role. Travel within Australia and New Zealand, and some international travel, is required.
Key to success will be a strong team work ethic, natural strategic acumen and drive to always deliver the best possible result for Moody’s and our clients. Your outstanding communication and presentation skills will support effective engagement at senior level both internally and externally. Finally, the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and balance the often complex commercial, legal and compliance aspects of the job are essential to success in the position.
Benefits of working for Moody’s
- One of the world’s most highly respected financial services organisations, Moody’s provides a global working environment and unique exposure to the international debt capital markets and its players.
- Inclusive, high performance culture with a focus on work life balance.
- Competitive compensation package including excellent family health insurance benefits and extra superannuation contributions.
- Flexible working conditions; generous leave entitlements; education assistance and other benefits may also be available.
Experience and qualifications:
- Degree qualified in finance, business, economics or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in the financial services industry and recent relevant domestic experience. Knowledge of securitisation and financial institutions’ funding structures and process – both secured and unsecured – is preferred.
- Outstanding communication skills, excellent presentation and interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize effectively are essential.
- Sophisticated business development and negotiation skills.
- Experience dealing at senior level in corporate finance/treasury, relationship banking, or debt capital markets is preferred; some exposure to credit analysis will be an advantage.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.