Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients’ growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.
DepartmentThe position is part of the Moody’s Analytics Global Sales and Customer Service Group. The team is responsible for managing and growing overall client relationships within large financial institutions; including Investment Banks, Commercial Banks, Insurance companies and Asset Management firms.
Job DescriptionMoody's Analytics is a leading provider of credit portfolio risk and finance solutions to the financial services industry.
We are seeking an experienced Specialists to work in the Risk & Finance sales specialist team. The position is responsible for sales opportunity & territory management, provide expertise and deep-dives, retaining and growing revenue generation related to the Moody’s Analytics suite of Risk & Finance solutions.
This Solution Specialist position requires expertise in managing complex, solution sales cycles, being able to provide deep-dive methodology, know-how of the solution and involves working closely across multiple lines of business. The position and territory is a blend of active account management and new account development. This role will lead on business development activities and revenue growth through new opportunities as well as contribute to leadership and direction of the team.
- Primary responsibility will be selling and maintaining new and existing client relationships through a strategic based approach in order to increase sales, and achieve set quarterly/yearly targets
- Demonstrating the superiority and value of the Moody's Analytics Risk and Finance Analytics suite of products and advisory services to potential and existing clients. This will often involve high quality presentations, client meetings, Proof of Concepts, methodology workshops and drafting proposals.
- Growing and managing the business by developing a network of new clients and strengthen existing relationships
- Work closely with senior management to pinpoint specific growth opportunities and take the lead in owning the execution and results of the plan
- Manage and coordinate Moody's Analytics responses to requests for product and advisory services information (RFIs and RFPs) from clients and prospects.
- Must develop deep, practical understanding of Moody's Analytics Risk & Finance Analytics suite of products and services, namely RiskFrontierTM, ImpairmentStudio, Capital Risk Analyzer, RiskCalc, RiskBench, CAP and Credit Earnings Volatility.
- Interact with clients and contacts at executive level
- Being able to position consulting / advisory capabilities which would cover varied risk types (i.e. credit, market and liquidity risk)
- Collaborating closely with internal teams and stakeholders from product management and support functions to research and advisory groups to ensure high levels of client satisfactions in all client interaction including issue resolution.
- Position requires travel which is largely self-managed and planned in advance.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Engineering and/or Business Administration preferred
- Extensive professional experience, including experience in a top tier consultancy or financial services company
- Have experience successfully selling to financial institutions (large to small sized).
- Language skills: English is essential.
- Must have a basic technology understanding e.g. can talk about data, modelling, platforms, databases, deployment.
- Must be a strong team player and able to work in a fast paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial and diverse environment.
- Good understanding of finance and risk management acquired either by advanced study or through industry experience a plus.
- Ability to interact with Senior level stakeholders
- Business travelling is expected whilst it tends to be planned in advance.
- Established track record of successfully developing a network of clients and building deep relationships
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.