Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Shared Services are the front line professionals including Finance, Technology, Legal, Compliance and Human Resources, that operationally support our business units. Exceptional Shared Services teams are vital to the international success of our business.
DepartmentBusiness Planning supports the senior management team by managing financial aspects of the business to help plan and achieve its objectives.
Job DescriptionThe positions objective is to provide leadership in the support of business and finance management through all phases of the financial planning and analysis processes.
- Support business partnering with senior management team within the EMEA region, with specific focus on regional strategic initiatives
- Provide analysis of budget/forecast variance during the monthly closing process and act on results to assist in effective business management
- Assist in consolidating, reporting and analyzing strategic plan, annual budget and monthly forecasts
- Support information needs of Finance and operating managers
- Prepare monthly reports and variance analysis, identifying key focus areas for management
- Develop new reporting or analysis to provide insightful information to business and finance management
- Recommend improvements/enhancements to current processes and reporting
- Participate in special projects as assigned by Finance management
- Provide guidance and leadership to junior team members
- Makes decisions appropriate for level of responsibility, raises concerns to the appropriate level of management and keeps management informed of activities
- Relies on management for key decision making
- Interaction with Business and Corporate Planning colleagues, Accounting, Treasury, HR, and business line representatives
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or other business discipline or progress toward equivalent accountancy qualification
- 3-5 years’ experience in financial planning and analysis (FP&A) and modeling.
- Superior skills with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Exposure to multidimensional reporting applications is essential (e.g. Hyperion Planning and Essbase)
- Exposure to the general ledger software (e.g. PeopleSoft Financials)
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.