Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients’ growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.
DepartmentBureau van Dijk is now a Moody's Analytics company!
Bureau van Dijk has been unravelling private company information for the business community for over 25 years. Our flagship product Orbis captures information on over 300 million private and publicly listed companies, with comprehensive standardized financial information for easy cross-border comparisons. Our information includes what companies do, how they’re performing, the people that run them, financial data, legal entity details, corporate hierarchies and ownership structures, M&A activity, and built-in intelligence on sanctions, PEPs and adverse data
With information on around 300 million companies we are the resource for company data. We now have over 900 employees working in more than 30 offices across the globe.
Job DescriptionThis role will work with internal and external clients to design and improve the functionality of Compliance products, and provide training and demonstrations to internal teams and clients.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Under supervision, design, build, and implement maintenance and enhancement requests for tools and systems.
- Solicit and collect feedback from internal stakeholders and clients to help define the business requirements for new releases. Assist in providing content and reviewing documentation for release or new features.
- Recommend and implement centralized tools that internal teams can use to extract data/insights for daily business management in an automated manner. Evaluate data availability and assess the needs of the various business partners including local, regional, and global leadership to optimize the process and reporting
- Assist in the preparation of use cases and/or specific requirements based on the information collected from the stakeholders and clients with supervision.
- Act as a liaison between internal stakeholders to facilitate understanding of the design requirements.
- Ensure that new features are implemented according to specification and problems are corrected.
- Manage and prioritise Product Backlog with input from Product Strategy team
- Support training activities on the technical and analytical aspects of the product.
- Demonstrate the key features and values of products to internal clients.
- Assist with support calls that involve product management issues.
- Participate in cross-functional teams as subject matter expert to support system enhancements as well as integration efforts for future business acquisitions as needed.
- May partner closely with comp admins and data analysts who are responsible for the quarterly commission review and act as the primary points of contact for the sales organization where applicable.
- Partner with external vendors (e.g. salesforce.com) to ensure a focus on implementation of best practices around cross-system data continuity, data hygiene, and business process definition.
- Contribute to project planning activities. Responsible for periodic updates of project status to management.
- Other projects, Development, and duties as required/assigned
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor’s degree) in a related field required.
- Desire to develop their career and want to develop
- Commercial experience in a similar role.
- Some system/business analysis experience required.
- Ability to coordinate and assist large teams in resolving complex analytical and technical issues.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts.
- Excellent problem solver and independent thinker who has the ability to create innovative solutions
- Strong analysis/quantitative skills and the ability to translate analysis into actionable tasks
- Client focused, proactive and results oriented with ability to support clients across multiple location
- Strong Access/Excel skills
- Basic SQL skills
- Knowledge of SFDC or other CRM
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.