Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Shared Services are the front line professionals including Finance, Technology, Legal, Compliance and Human Resources, that operationally support our business units. Exceptional Shared Services teams are vital to the international success of our business.
DepartmentThe HR Business Partner function is the primary point of contact for business leaders and leads the design and execution of a human capital strategy for one of Moody’s main operating or shared units.
Job DescriptionRole / Responsibilities: The AVP/HR Business Partner is responsible is responsible for providing HR advice and counsel to business managers, for translating business requirements into HR services, programs and initiatives, and for delivering HR services to the business.
- HR Advisor: Builds strong relationships and provides trusted advice to senior managers on the full range of HR programs, such as: talent management, including performance management, succession planning and talent development; HR policies and processes; employee relations, employee reward and recognition; employee survey findings, etc. Builds knowledge of business strategies of client groups
- Talent Management: At the direction of the Regional HR Business Partner, supports implementation of established framework for assessing and developing organizational talent. Provides support for Line of Business managers in executing talent assessment and performance management processes.
- Manager Development: Partners with Regional HR Business Partner and Talent & Organization Development (T&OD) team on initiatives to improve manager skills and knowledge.
- Staffing and Selection: Participates in recruitment for regional level positions as appropriate.
- Rewards and Recognition: Ensures jobs are appropriately documented and works with compensation to review benchmark data. Reviews compensation recommendations.
- Workforce Analytics: Monitors key workforce metrics – e.g., turnover, exit interview, BES results – to identify “early warning” signals. Reviews workforce analytics and provides insights to HRBP and Line of business management.
- Project Delivery: Participates in and leads HR cross-functional and technical projects as appropriate.
- HR Processes: Implements standardized HR processes with client groups. Works effectively with HR Centers of Expertise and regional HR Connect. Knowledgeable of local employment regulations and local laws.
- HR Tools and Technology: Competent in using existing HR technology and tools, and MS Office software suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Risk Management – Works with Line of Business management, Legal, Compliance and the Employee Relations (ER) to ensure employment law-related risks are managed appropriately. Maintains a positive, productive and cohesive work environment by dealing with workplace conduct, conflict resolution, counselling, employee engagement, and other employee relations activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree. Advanced degree and/or certification in HR specialties.
- Proven HRBP experience, with exposure to at least two or more countries in EMEA (UK required).
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with the ability to incorporate metrics and analysis into HR delivery.
- Outstanding verbal and communication skills, with poise and confidence to interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to manage high volumes of work, execute flawlessly, and understand HR processes
- Motivated self-starter, confident, and able to navigate through change.
- Strong team player, commercial, and client-centric.
- Ability to work autonomously .
- Strong personal credibility with the ability to build trusted relationships with senior managers in order to influence.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.