Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients’ growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.
Job DescriptionThe main objective of the role is to manage the relationship manager sales team in HK and China to drive client adoption of customized solution based on the suite of products, services, and intellectual property provided by Moody’s Analytics. You will promote business growth for Moody’s Analytics by combining our full capabilities in risk management. To achieve these objectives, you must demonstrate your capability of managing a team and an understanding of the issues and challenges facing credit, risk, and capital markets professionals while possessing a high level understanding of the strengths and capabilities of the Moody’s Analytics tool set. You will need to excel in a high-energy, team-selling environment.
Management skills, presentation skills, positioning skills, strategic planning skill, sophisticated negotiation strategies, and the skill to facilitate a disciplined management of the sales cycle are of paramount importance.
- Ensure the team exceeds annual sales targets through combination of:
- Prospecting for new clients
- Selling more services to existing clients
- Significant meeting activity
- Manage the team and work to develop the individuals currently in the team and bring in new staff when necessary.
- Develop customized solutions for clients and deliver important product development ideas to Product Strategy functions
- Introduce leads to other business units where appropriate to reinforce the annuity potential of these contracts.
- Work with account managers to identify prospects and engage with clients and prospects surrounding Professional Services Group capabilities through proactive calling as well as by leveraging the relationships developed by the account management teams.
- Develop the ability to articulate the value propositions represented by all products and services offered by Moody’s Analytics, and develop the client perceptions that Moody’s vast resources clearly differentiate our value proposition.
- Be prepared to help sales reps drive results through the entire sales cycle, which may include any of the following steps: lead sourcing, initial pitch, proposal development, RFP response, development of work orders, deal closure, and project kick-off. Leverage others in contract negotiations where appropriate.
- Advance the sales cycle through team selling bringing in solutions specialists and sales reps to ensure that talent is applied in an efficient and productive manner. When appropriate, coordinate with the execution team to demonstrate credibility.
- Develop compelling proposals Respond to RFP’s and develop Work Orders in conjunction with execution and solutions specialists. Maintain partnership with execution to ensure that the proposal matches with capacity constraints effectively.
- Follow the post-sales project implementation to ensure adequate support to execution team as well as to grow knowledge of client internal systems. This activity will be fundamental to develop cross selling opportunities within the same clients' base
- Bachelor's degree or MBA.
- Extensive management and staff development experience
- Consultative, partnership-based sales selling experience
- Experience working within or selling into banking and capital markets participants in North Asia
- Solid demonstrated understanding of institutional credit process and financial markets
- Ability to identify opportunities to cross-sell Moody’s products
- Demonstrates a needs/solutions approach
- Ability to work across the entire Moody’s Analytics organization to harness the full organizational capabilities and bring the best solutions to our clients.
- Ability to work independently while also demonstrating excellent team-working skills
- Demonstrates high level of commitment and leadership
- Excellent communication skills, including listening skills
- Familiar with standard computer applications (MS Office, Internet)
- Excellent relationship building, inter-personal and organisational skills are a prerequisite
- Planning and management skills
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.