Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Finance / APAC Accounting
• Accounting and other functions
• Prepare and enter monthly accounting entries based on local and Moody’s global accounting policies.
• Ensure all accounting entries are adequately supported and completed in accordance with company policies.
• Ensure monthly/quarterly/annual closing of books of accounts.
• Good knowledge on tax matters i.e preparation of corporate advance tax, tax provision, deffered tax, filling of income tax return, GST, TDS calculation and filling of TDS returns, etc.
• Responsible for preparation of financial statements and independently handling statutory and internal audit.
• Liaise with HR and other department for processing of employee payroll.
• Processing of vendor invoice and Liaise with user department/vendor on regular basis for payment updates etc.
• Accounting of bank transaction and prepare month end bank reconciliation.
• Responsible for billings between group companies, third party and monthly reconciliation of inter-company balances.
• Ensure timely inter-company settlements.
• Monitoring and reporting of overdue customer account balances.
• GL/vendor/customer ledger scrutiny and reconciliation.
• Preparation of audit schedules and resolving audit queries at the time of annual audit.
Statutory Filings & other compliances
• Work together with Tax team to ensure all local tax filings (including TDS, GST, etc) are submitted to local Tax Authority before due date.
• Ensure statutory compliance related to TDS/Professional tax/Provident fund deposit, filling of various forms etc.
• Knowledge of fillings related to STPI, such as SOFTEX filling, a plus.
• Graduate/CA (Inter)/M.Com (Finance & Accounts) with minimum 5-8 years of relevant experience in a corporate environment.
• Good knowledge of India statutory filing.
• Strong proficiency in MS-Office applications - Excel, Word & Outlook.
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
• Detail-oriented and able to work under tight deadlines.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and to manage multiple tasks
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.