Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients’ growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.
DepartmentThe EMEA Event and Outreach Team supports client retention and lead generation objectives across MCO. The team is split into three areas, each with unique deliverables, internal stakeholders and external clients / prospects. The MIS Event team deliver a timely and topical programme of activities to our research subscribers and key prospects across the region. The MIS Premium team deliver high-touch activities to the key buy-side institutions in Western European key financial centres. The MA Event team deliver a pan-regional range of programmes across the ERS, Advisory, Training, Capital Markets, Economic & Structured Valuations teams.
Job DescriptionManage the events and outreach team and the overall the planning, communication and execution of teleconferences, briefings, conferences and third party events. Additionally, this role will develop and deliver a strategic events plan to promote and showcase Moody’s Analytics product-set by working closely with senior internal contacts.
The successful candidate will consult and collaborate with business heads to ensure the plan meets customer retention and business development objectives, whilst tracking and measuring the return on investment.
- Member of the Events & Outreach Team participating in the development and delivery of strategies that will build Moody’s reputation in the EMEA region, whilst keeping up to date of wider industry initiatives and trends; to report regularly to the business and enhance future strategic planning
- Manage and execute multi-faceted and complex events (multimedia) around Moody’s products and services. This will include sourcing and management of venues, identifying internal speakers, participants and key stakeholders. Develop content and key messages for related materials, maximising branding opportunities, and ensure these are produced and dispatched. Monitoring of attendance lists, running events on the day and conducting post event, budget management and event analysis, with a focus on return on investment.
- Developing and delivering marketing strategies around outreach campaigns. This will include liaising with product / credit strategy and sales managers to generate target and prospect lists for event attendance, identifying target audiences by sector/region/client/prospect, researching names and inputting details into the prospect database and undertaking calling campaigns to raise attendance at Moody’s events.
- Manage, develop and maintain relationships with key industry associations, magazines and third party conference organisers, to secure the Company’s optimum position as sponsor, speaker and exhibitor. Identify suitable events for Moody’s to be involved in; present recommendations to relevant stakeholders across the business. Attend events to ensure that the exhibition area is well presented. Manage the post event analysis to assess return on investment.
- Must be educated to degree level (or equivalent).
- Experience of managing and delivering a portfolio of events across a variety of culturally diverse environments, both regional and international. This would ideally be gained from the financial services sector.
- Expert knowledge of events delivery including design and delivery of strategy, logistics, budget management and post event analysis.
- Good budget management and database/financial reporting skills, including budgets with multiple vendors and deliverables.
- Fluency in English is essential. Fluency in a major European language would be desirable.
- Must be prepared to travel across the EMEA region.
- Well-developed project management skills. Ability to multi task and work to tight deadlines in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, including very good presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels, with both internal and external parties.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision, yet integrate appropriately with the team and other areas within Moody’s.
- Highly organised and good time management skills.
- Proficient in the advanced use of Email, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.