Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients’ growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.
Job DescriptionThe Assistant Director - Actuarial Programmer will work closely with other actuaries and actuarial programmers and will collaborate with our client support, system design and marketing professionals. They will design and implement new features for AXIS and solve actuarial issues posed by our clients. At this level, the actuarial programmers are working on intermediate to complex code and designing module specific features.
- Interpret business requirements for features related to specific AXIS modules.
- Provide feedback on client requirements from a technical perspective
- Analyze and implement solutions and program new features in AXIS
- Design and implement various features that have wide implication and scope
- Investigate and find the root cause for bugs reported by clients
- Provide client support for end users.
- Collaborate with client support and QA actuaries to fix defects or develop new features
- Ensure compliance with coding standards.
- Review code of less senior team members, provide guidance from technical perspective.
- Specialize and develop expertise in at least one area of actuarial practice.
- Participate in Interest Groups and Working Groups.
- Train junior actuarial programmers
- Other duties as assigned.
- A degree in actuarial science with a minor in computer science preferred.
- At least 2 years of actuarial programming experience or 1 year of programming experience at GGY
- ASA and working toward completion of FSA
- Demonstrated understanding of object oriented design & development, C++ preferred.
- Experience in development tools such as Visual Studio.
- Strong analytical & technical skills – excellent research capabilities.
- Good communications skills.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody’s is committed to maintaining an inclusive, diverse and accessible workplace. To this end, reasonable accommodations are available on request, and will take into account the particular accommodation needs of individual candidates. If you are selected and require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, you may send your request to AODA@moodys.com. Information provided during the accommodation process will be treated as confidential, and will be shared only to the extent required to properly administer accommodation requests.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.