The Senior Associate position supports the rating agency’s invoicing activities. In order to meet the above, the individual will need to have a detailed knowledge of the rating products, fee schedules and the systems used.
Senior Associate will be required to review and analyze customer fee schedule agreements; invoice preparation, review and approval; correspond with Commercial, Global Middle Office and Technology support teams. Individual will review daily transaction schedules, will work closely with and assist peers in supporting group work-load and will take lead in the preparation of period-end departmental analysis and reporting.
Possessing sound knowledge of the business as well as developing strong working relationships with all teams that support the rating agency is required in order to achieve the above objective.
The Senior Associate will need to have a micro perspective of the team’s strategy, policies, goals and objectives. They will need to carry-out the execution of these processes and support the translation, into procedures and plans that will ensure that the above is being met. They will work closely with staff in completing group responsibilities and will take lead, as needed, in the preparation of period-end departmental analysis and reporting.
- Distribute Rating Release Sheets (RRS) to group; when applicable to group.
- Verify information contained in assigned New Rating report/ RRS is accurate and consistent.
- Contact Commercial team to confirm special invoicing instructions which may differ from the posted fee schedule.
- Review and analyze relationship pricing agreements.
- Review invoice batches.
- Communicate with Commercial, Phoenix/Pyramid and GBS teams regarding issues, inquiries, special requests and programming issues.
- Monitor billing and holds.
- Invoicing: Prepare draft invoices by:
- Selecting and applying correct fee schedules.
- Calculating additional fees associated with the rating.
- Researching requests for special pricing.
- Applying appropriate discounts.
- Selecting or creating correct billing customer and Commercial team contact.
- Presenting draft invoices to manager for review.
- Processing annual fee drafts which are apportioned monthly.
- Create new templates and fee codes.
- Contribute in team concept; assist peers in managing group work-load and support team projects.
- Document the inspection and review of all invoice drafts processed.
- Approve draft invoices through billing systems for authorized designations.
- Follow up on unresolved invoicing issues by reviewing and answering emails.
- Assist Billing Associate with unresolved invoicing issues.
- Ensures that they are individually meeting internal policy and procedure requirements by being aware of the key controls, risks and compensating controls in his/her process flow and identifies changes in the operating and internal controls environment.
- Assist with tasks as requested.
- Run and review Revenue Draft report as required by group.
- Run and review New Ratings report for previous week during Billing Associate absence.
- Apportion annual and quarterly drafts for daily processing to ensure mid-month completion date.
- Run and review annuals batch report.
- Research Lotus Notes Billing Hints to ensure completeness of manual invoicing.
- Review Face Change reports.
- Prepare CP unreported analysis.
- Assist with billing hold and accrual preparation.
- Send reports as necessary to Commercial team.
- Complete and send billing hold summary to Commercial team and Finance management.
- Run and review Annuals and Monthly reports.
- Review New Ratings report.
- Test new invoicing features and applications.
- Prepare Phoenix/Pyramid (Billing Systems) tasks to address system invoicing problems.
- Maintain current knowledge of required applications and fee schedules.
- Provide technical training and support for new associates.
- Recommend ideas and enhancements.
- Attend group and departmental meetings and provide feedback.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Assist with documentation of billing procedures.
- Fill in for Billing Associate in their absence.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.