Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients’ growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.
DepartmentInsurance ERS business of Moody’s Analytics, provides world-class risk modelling solutions to the financial services industry around the globe. Our product suite and advisory capability allows our clients to understand and model economic and asset price uncertainty, helping them to improve their understanding of both short and long term financial market risk exposure and pricing.
The EMEA Insurance sales team requires an ambitious and driven individual within our highly experienced and diversified team to drive client engagement and business growth in Europe.
The role involves understanding insurers’ evolving needs for financial risk modelling, presenting and positioning the value proposition of Moody’s insurance products and managing the sales process to conclusion.
We are looking for a candidate with advisory and sales experience and relevant technical knowledge in ALM, economic scenario modelling, Solvency II or IFRS17. The ideal candidate will have preferably acquired prior experience within a consultancy firm or within an ALM / risk solutions provider.
You will be exposed to strategic projects with the leading European insurers looking for innovative solution for managing their risks, capital and balance sheet. The role gives the possibility to develop an impressive range of skills such as relationship management, consultative sales and negotiations, as well as new technical knowledge.
The position will based in London.
- Expand the growth of Moody’s solutions for capital modelling, IFRS17, asset liability management and economic scenario modelling.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with existing and new clients, in particular at C-level.
- Provide a commercial perspective to clients that are willing to optimise and streamline their internal capital modelling processes.
- Be highly aware of market and regulatory developments and be pro-active in identifying new opportunities to help our clients to strategically position themselves in an evolving market environment.
- Providing market intelligence to our product managers in order to support the development of our new solutions.
- Contribute to our regional marketing activities alongside our dedicated marketing experts
- Experience with one or more of the major capital modelling software provider, ESG provider or a risk consultancy firm.
- Excellent knowledge of the life insurance industry and the current regulatory environment such as Solvency II and IFRS17.
- A robust understanding of the features of life insurance products, familiarity with the technical ALM modelling and/or capital modeling challenges faced by the industry and the range of approaches being adopted by insurers.
- Ability to manage and lead large proposals and provide support in shaping the implementation of Moody’s Analytics’ tailored solutions.
- Demonstrate flexibility for working on challenging projects and interacting with teams from other business lines.
- Proven negotiation and sales skills and the ability to deal with clients and senior personnel from day one.
- Excellent communications skills in English.
- A relevant post-graduate qualification (PhD or MSc) or strong quantitative skills on risk and actuarial subjects.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.