Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
The Content Solutions – Economic and Consumer Credit Analytics team, a division of Moody's Analytics, is a leading independent provider of economic, financial, country, and industry research designed to meet the diverse planning and information needs of businesses, governments, and professional investors worldwide. Our research has many dimensions: country analysis; financial markets; retail credit risk; industrial markets; and regional markets.Moody's Economy.com information and services are used in a variety of ways, including strategic planning; product and sales forecasting; risk and sensitivity management; and as investment research.
- Responsible for research and analysis for countries with minimal assistance. Act as an expert for one or more increasingly higher profile countries and their metro areas that generally garner local media exposure and frequent client interest. Conduct economic forecasting and analysis of countries and metro areas.
- Analyze data, contribute to regional and macro analysis company publications, write topical and recurring articles for company publications and substantively contribute to our website commentary by covering economic indicators, writing blogs, and writing longer commentary pieces.
- Edit research by direct reports and other junior staff as necessary. Contribute to product editing with limited supervision
- Participate in occasional television, radio or print media interviews, as necessary, within areas of expertise.
- Assist with the global monthly macro forecast process and takes responsibility for quality checks for a limited range of components of the forecast.
- Responsible for equation estimation and specification for macroeconomic, market-risk, and credit-risk models with suitable statistical diagnostics, with some supervision from senior staff.
- Work with senior staff to create new indicators and analytical tools.
- Lead teleconferences for individual clients.
- Present at client conferences in partnership with senior staff.
- Supervise Associate Economists including day-to-day management, and writing and delivery of performance evaluations.
- Occasionally travels for client briefings and presents to local business groups.
- Ph.D. or Master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics or related field and three plus years experience -OR- a Bachelor’s degree and five plus years of experience.
- Experience in macroeconomic and microeconomic analysis, technical writing, and economic modeling software, statistical analysis and programming software such as R, SAS, Eviews,And Stata.
- Well-developed IT skills including Email, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience in modelling market risk and credit risk indicators is highly beneficial.
- Training in econometrics and knowledge of industry economics experience is required
- Must be a motivated, responsible person who can work well with others independently of daily supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills are required in order to work directly with clients to deliver scheduled customized products.
- Excellent writing, presentation and interpersonal skills.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.