Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
The Economic and Consumer Credit Analysis team, a division of Moody's Analytics, is a leading independent provider of economic, financial, country, and industry research designed to meet the diverse planning and information needs of businesses, governments, and professional investors worldwide. Our research has many dimensions: country analysis; financial markets; industrial markets; and regional markets. Moody's Economy.com information and services are used in a variety of ways, including strategic planning; product and sales forecasting; risk and sensitivity management; and as investment research.
Risk modelers are directly involved in the development of Moody’s Analytics risk modelling solutions and consulting client projects with major banks and other financial institutions worldwide. Being a part of truly global Moody’s Analytics team, risk modelers contribute to client and internal projects in every phase, including preparing and delivering presentations, data analysis, methodology design, model development and enhancement, documentation writing, and results delivery. We are looking for highly motivated individuals with strong quantitative skills combined with excellent communication skills, willing to collaborate, learn and develop in a very dynamic and multicultural environment.
- Consulting work with major financial institutions and other industry players worldwide;
- Acting as part of the team that develops risk models;
- Risk modelling, including the data analysis, development, documentation, implementation, and validation of risk models using state of the art statistical and econometric techniques;
- Delivering presentations and workshops for various internal and externals audiences;
- Participation in internal workshops aimed at enhancement of model building techniques employed by Moody’s Analytics;
- Screening regulatory and industry developments in order to remain up-to-date on leading challenges and trends on the market;
- Emphasis is on consumer credit with some exposure to other forms of risk modeling in partnership with other departments within Moody's Analytics;
- Strong academic background –Ph.D. or Master’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Data Science, Economics or other closely related field from a top school is essential.
- Advanced programming skills in R, STATA, SAS and/or Python.
- Knowledge of quantitative techniques and the ability to communicate technical subject matter clearly and concisely.
- Industry experience in quantitative risk modelling and/or knowledge of banking regulations in the areas of credit risk, capital adequacy and stress-testing is preferred.
- Excellent presentation, writing, time management and interpersonal skills are required.
- Client focused.
- Team player.
- Highly organized and efficient.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work using own initiative and without close supervision.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.